Sbs now! Amazing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So amazing how they are actually built. Gota say though, screw owning retics.

Was amazing to see what are pets are made of. Felt sorry for the snakes in the show that only got handled for show.

A great one to watch, although I don't think I'll be trying any of their dissections at home!

I was looking forward to learning something new. Instead all I saw was the documentary makers complete mis-understanding of how a snake works.
Very dissappointed & wont be wasting my time with any more of the series...

Damn I live in Australia... I feel sorry for the snakes that are supposedly dumped in Florida...It makes me want to own Retics & Burmese. Let nature take its course.

Instead all I saw was the documentary makers complete mis-understanding of how a snake works.
Very dissappointed & wont be wasting my time with any more of the series...
Not that I'm an expert but WHY did they have a complete mis-understanding of a snake's anatomy? for me they explained it extremely well and i now know things that i previously didn't. Just simply asking what they did/said wrong and if so would you care to inform me/us on the CORRECT 'ways' of a snake :) Thanks

It all sounded correct to me, unless i missed something....

for people who missed it on tv, it can also be watched on youtube, just search for 'inside nature's giants 6/18 monster python (channel 4)'

I'll be interested to hear what you mean too Green Buddy. None of the main people were experts (the three of them do all of the episodes so obviously they can't be experts on every animal they look at) but it seemed informative enough to give the basics. I'd be surprised if most people on here didn't already know everything they said but it was still amazing to actually see it from the inside

It was good when they explained the follicle growth, I have explained it to my family 3 or 4 times and they still couldn't work it out (my Darwin swelled up the other day and they wanted to know why) but being able to explain it to them once they had seen what they actually where helped them understand it.

It was very basic info but enough for the general public to get a understanding.

Its hard to type on the phone properly. Incorrect info on rhe jaw operation, lung operation & the fact if the last feed time they thought was interesting. Not aurprising seeing as she was gravid. Dont you think it would be advisable to get an expert adviser on the ream if you are going to make a doco? No creditibilty. Why go to all that effort just to fall short. These are just the examples that jump to mind. If you are going to educate then do your research first & educate correctly

You need to do better than just say it was incorrect. Give specific facts presented that you consider were incorrect and state what you consider is the correct information. Anyone can throw stones. But can you justify it?

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to type on the phone properly. Incorrect info on rhe jaw operation, lung operation & the fact if the last feed time they thought was interesting. Not aurprising seeing as she was gravid. Dont you think it would be advisable to get an expert adviser on the ream if you are going to make a doco? No creditibilty. Why go to all that effort just to fall short. These are just the examples that jump to mind. If you are going to educate then do your research first & educate correctly

Maybe I missed something but I thought they were showing her follicles, not eggs in the oviduct ........ gravid? Which part of the lung function was incorrect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back