scaleless ball python!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know... this just doesn't appeal to me. Taking away one of the defining characteristics of an animal seems wrong.

wow glad it worked out for brian gotta be happy with that..would be shattered if he didn't get any

I would love to see scaleless morphs in morelia, just picture a scaleless gtp and how bright they would look.

It will probably pop up in ants first already have lucy and pieds, wont be long IMO before scaleless pop up

Scaleless death adders already exist and are pretty interesting looking.

Something ironic about discussing the tools you need to be a good snake breeder & then going on to talk about scaleless pythons.

Interesting how they keep everything in those racks systems ,large burms and retics ,greens etc ,look healthy and breed .

My nephew makes them all the time, out of plasticine! Does scaleless Death Adders too. What colour would you like?

Interesting how they keep everything in those racks systems ,large burms and retics ,greens etc ,look healthy and breed .

POWS kept starving in concentration camps bred
Puppy farms??? Remember them??
Survival instinct makes animals breed
Their container is no real impediment to that

Wow bit behind the times, I saw this on Instagram a few weeks ago lol.

I think is weird, retarded and somewhat gross. Like those hairless cats. *shudder*

What's the history of them? For there to be known hets they can't be the first scaleless ball pythons.

What's the history of them? For there to be known hets they can't be the first scaleless ball pythons.
These scaleless pythons are a product of two ball pythons that have scales on them except for their head. The scaleless pythons in this instance are a super form. There are no know hets as far as I know.

These scaleless pythons are a product of two ball pythons that have scales on them except for their head. The scaleless pythons in this instance are a super form. There are no know hets as far as I know.

Another scaleless was captive farmed a couple of years ago
But these are the first captive bred ones

I have to agree with what someone else said, changing the color of a species, like red green tree pythons, the hundreds of morphs of balls and albinos is one thing, but as cool and amazing as a scaleless snake is, I just think its kinda wrong. To take away their scales is just.....no. They have scales for a reason, not to mention the health issues that could arise from it. It just looks really freaking weird.

But think of it this way, you breed a red elephant, with no tusks and half a trunk. People would pay to see it.

I have to agree with what someone else said, changing the color of a species, like red green tree pythons, the hundreds of morphs of balls and albinos is one thing, but as cool and amazing as a scaleless snake is, I just think its kinda wrong. To take away their scales is just.....no. They have scales for a reason, not to mention the health issues that could arise from it. It just looks really freaking weird.

But think of it this way, you breed a red elephant, with no tusks and half a trunk. People would pay to see it.

Scaleless snakes still have all the important scales they need for life in captivity, in the wild they wouldn't go to well.

a hatchling was brought in for Africa that was missing a few scales on its head, when bred to an unrelated normal it produced another ball python missing a few scales on its head. Brian then bred them together and it turn out to have a super form which is scaleless. I like they way the colour and pattern ''pops'' on the scaleless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back