scaleless ball python!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if kept captive I'm still not sure why we put mutations that render an animal useless in their natural setting on a pedestal.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, I am.. it's because aesthetics takes precedence over health & longevity.

Last edited:
Even if kept captive I'm still not sure why we put mutations that render an animal useless in their natural setting on a pedestal.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, I am.. it's because aesthetics takes precedence over health & longevity.

no different to an albino IMO

Disgusting. Poor thing. People like Brian shouldn't be allowed to keep Royals etc, him and others just continue to ruin the snakes they have.

Sad times.

What's wrong with what nature gave us?

Disgusting. Poor thing. People like Brian shouldn't be allowed to keep Royals etc, him and others just continue to ruin the snakes they have.

Sad times.

What's wrong with what nature gave us?

well actually it was from a wild caught pure ball python hatchling.... so nature did give it to them lol

well actually it was from a wild caught pure ball python hatchling.... so nature did give it to them lol

But would the wild caught hatchling have survived in the wild?
Nature has ways of fixing any mistakes
Humans love the mistakes and encourage them

Strange world

But would the wild caught hatchling have survived in the wild?
Nature has ways of fixing any mistakes
Humans love the mistakes and encourage them

Strange world

it was only missing a few scales on its head so it had a fair chance. did nature fix the adult darwin albino male found in the wild?

it was only missing a few scales on its head so it had a fair chance. did nature fix the adult darwin albino male found in the wild?

But how many other albino Darwins were wild hatched in the last thousand years?
One adult and one young one were found
So it would be fair to assume that the albino gene existed there for xxx period of time
Nature removed most of them to protect its gene pool
Now humans breed them as fast as possible

Im not saying that this wrong to do
But how far is too far??

We breed cats dogs and reptiles with incurable problems and applaud those breeders
Exactly where do we draw the line regarding quality of life etc etc??

Not my picture. But one of the one Reedy's reptiles bred.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380516141823.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380516141823.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 3,558
This was just posted on Facebook for those interested.
I'm still kind of confused as to how he knew it would be fully scaleless if the parents were only missing a few on their heads. Is this common in other species where the heterozygous animals are missing a few scales and the homos are totally scaleless?
e9anady4.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think Brian knew it would be scaleless but had an inclin as he reproduced a few with
missing scales on their head, must of bred them and kept his fingers crossed. Maybe the scales less is the super form.

Dan

Another scaleless was captive farmed a couple of years ago
But these are the first captive bred ones

Yea, if I remember right those ones were doing good until they hit about 800g then just randomly died. Did you hear the same story?

I have been watching his show for several years and he puts in enough effort to deserve this.
It will make him an absolute fortune although, however in saying that he often says in his videos if he was making little to no money as he was when he was starting out he would still be breeding so I think its amazing for him.

I would seriously love to see a pied scalelss ball python, I have no doubt they will be stunning.

I would get a scaleless death adder, however I really dislike the idea of dying and have had a phobia of death adders after an incident when I was young of grabbing what I thought was the body of a blue tongue but turned out to be a death adder not bad for a 10year old at Lake field national park. and they said white man cant jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back