Scales & Tails Reptile Festival - Ipswich

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reptile Outlet

Reaction score
Exciting news just in: Any reptiles that are on a Qld Commercial License will be able to be sold at our Festival!!!!!
:D
We've been working with Parks to try to make this happen and the email confirming it has come through late this afternoon. There's a few I's to dot and a few T's to cross, but it's official,,,, at long last, we can sell reptiles at our Festival!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!

Here's the details for our Festival:

When: Saturday, November 12th
Where: Ipswich Showgrounds (Main Pavilion), Warwick Road, Ipswich
Time: 9.00am - 8.00pm ...... Stall holders will close at 4.00pm but the party will still continue with live entertainment provided by Phil Emmanuel and Neil Duddy

Guest Speakers
: Neville Burns, Dr Gavin Bedford, Scott Eipper, Bob Irwin

Reptile Demonstrations, talks, stalls, reptiles for sale, auction, entertainment for kids, live entertainment, etc. I'ts all happening at the Ipswich Showgrounds for our Festival. We'd love to see you there.

A must see Festival/Expo. For more details contact me on: Phone: (07) 3389 8275 or email me at: [email protected]

I'll look forward to seeing you there.

cheers
Joy

what a break thorugh joy, great to hear.
would of been good to see this happen for the gc expo

Sounds awesome, hope to see some gecks for sale I may grab a couple. I reckon this will be bigger than the expo cos people can sell there so more breeders will show up.
See everyone there!
I hope this means next expo people will be able to sell.

Trust Scales & Tails Australia to make this happen! :D

Always the first and best with everything!! ;)

Good work Joy!! :D

Excellent news! I think snakeluvver is onto something, if breeders are allowed to sell, I'm sure we might find some more coming out of the woodwork!

woohoo book me in for a stall Joy, how did you manage to pull those strings??? Certainly a step forward. What size stalls will there be and how much??

woohoo book me in for a stall Joy, how did you manage to pull those strings??? Certainly a step forward. What size stalls will there be and how much??

We'll be working all this out over the next week or two.... I'm still in shock that we've managed to do it. lol. Parks have been extremely helpful to us and we're very grateful to them. This is a big step forward for all Expos/Festivals up here. I'll keep you updated.

cheers
Joy

Joy, I wonder what would it take to make that one step further and have private keepers without Commercial Licence to sell other than common reptiles at Expos. It's crazy! Every Dick & Harry advertizes, sells and buys and the DERM doesn't seem to mind that, yet we are not allowed sell at Expos. Can anyone see any sense in that? I can't.
We just have to keep on pushing, logic has to win in the end!

i will try to be there again see if i can get a sitter for kids so i can look at the stuff there this time

That's awesome. Certainly a massive step forward. Congrats on your determination paying off. :)

Joy, I wonder what would it take to make that one step further and have private keepers without Commercial Licence to sell other than common reptiles at Expos. It's crazy! Every Dick & Harry advertizes, sells and buys and the DERM doesn't seem to mind that, yet we are not allowed sell at Expos. Can anyone see any sense in that? I can't.
We just have to keep on pushing, logic has to win in the end!

I know what you are saying Michael. Wouldn't that be fabulous? We tried! lol.

We had to jump through a few hoops to get this far, but the park's people that we were working with were very good. They understood the problems and helped us to work with/through/around the legislation. We have to change the legislation!

Baby steps... Look how far we've come in three years up here in Qld. By 'we' I'm including the other Expos in Qld as well. Together we're getting there, but we couldn't do it without the support of the hobby. Thanks everyone for your support, not just of Scales & Tails Festival, but also for supporting the Qld Expo, and the Gold Coast Expo. We are all doing our best.

Cheers
Joy

im so excited that you can sell at the expo but now im going to be broke!

Bugger , I just read the "Commercial" bit , Hope you can get a licence sorted so we can sell reps other than "pet shop" variety's.Then I would bring a few hundred jungles to sell :lol::lol::lol:

Its great what u guys have got going over there, Maybe one day W.A will catch up.
Sounds like it will be a awesome day.

You'll be right Scleropages, I'm sure you've got to be getting close to a few hundred spotteds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back