scales

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wattso

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
:( Have noticed monty has a few scales peeling ,found one in the water dish, bit worried. is this normal wear n tear or is my humidity too high/low or something????? p.s. definatly no mites just an odd dryness to some scales. :(

.....will try to get clear closeup pic in sunlight tom.

Are these belly scales?U got any sharp edges in the enclosure? Things such as lights guards,branches etc should be checked.Run him through your hands and see how many scales are damaged.

No ext parasites im pretty sure, have done a really good inspection. No, fangs, belly scales are fine, no damage or discoloration, its dorsal scales ,only a few , also small area where he was given worming injection back in july [ivermectin] looks dryed kinda whitish. looks similar to affects of bactril * spell inject[from records, he had bactril for infection in sep last year] could this be it? p.s will get pic later today, hes in his log tight as a bloody clam right now, soon as he goes out on hisperch ill grab him for a shoot, lol

Darn diddly-arn! my pics didnt come out, they went all blurry.Guess whos not getting a job as a wildlife photographer. will try again tomorrow. it kind od looks like crinkles on the scales. also i noticed his eyes are looking a bit milky, could be pre shed.

Ok, got some clear vid of montys scale anomaly, also a scale or two on his side you can see coming off. also do his eyes look a touch pre-shed milky? thanks Dan
http://www.aussiepythons.com/albums/album28/scales.wmv hope the link works

....Help, snake expert with broadband wanted!!!!!!!!!!! immediate start , apply at post above.

boy what an overwhelming response to this thread! Thanks fangs and MM anyway.

Sorry Wattso but I can't help you as I haven't got a clue and am unable to open the vid :( I'd love to help if I could buddy

no worries,thanks anyway Africa, how goes the new snakes? :)

OK Wattso I,m gonna give my 2 cents worth cause compared to most everyone on this site I know very little and am inexperienced but to my highly untrained eyes that white stuff on the scales looks like fungis.Dont you reckon?(Dont panic but cause I'm takin a wild stab)

:shock: christ I hope not! its very dry, wouldnt fungus be moist?

Yeah I imagine so, is the humidity of your cage normal?

um, dunno whats normal, I dont have a humidity guage but i imagine its not excessive. enclosure is 5ft w x5fth x2.5 ftd water dish is cat litter tray [standatrd] which is on the floor [temp 22c] oppisite end to heat light. ventilation is probly too much, so would this be a prob [humidity wise]?

no worries,thanks anyway Africa, how goes the new snakes?

Good thanks mate, the male had a very bad shed when I picked them up but a wet rag and a bit of patience has him in tip top condition now :) Bought a couple of those polypropylene enclosures for them yesterday and am quite impressed with those too :) So all is good at the moment mate :)

Pleased to hear it mate. these polyprop enclosures, are they the all mesh ones? how do keep the warmth in and the cold out? what do you put on the bottom as substrate? i always imagined they were only be good for "sunning" herps? :D

Nah mate, you are thinking of the Herpariums sold by the herp shop, (I bought 4 of those too :) ). The ones I mean have solid sides but are made out of a polypropyline plastic, (I think). Herp shop sells them, but I don't think ships them, and they come without the glass. This is fine for me cos I have a few fish tanks to cut up for glass doors:)

oh! ok :) i answered your file thread too.

maybe it is left over skin from the last shedding

Is the trouble at the site of the previous injection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back