scorpion/spider enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley81

Reaction score
hi all,
i"m really starting to get into scorpions and spiders again, i am also into snakes aswell.
anyway
i would love to see the set-ups that you scorpion and spider keepers have.

thanks
ashley

my enclosures are pretty basic, just small plastic container with sand or coco peat depending on species. If you want a larger better looking setup go with a flase bottomed setup. Use a layer of pebbles under the substrate to act as a water reservoir. Use plastic pipes to fill it up.

Set ups

Here is a new set up that we are selling at the moment for Ts

we try to put a bit of colour in the tank :)

Attachments

• Tarantula set up.jpg
    Tarantula set up.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,521
set ups

some scorpion and Tarantula set ups

Attachments

• set up 3.jpg
    set up 3.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 1,546
the false bottom set up keep the bottom of the sand humid and not wet .
mainly used for desert species of scorpions .
in the desert the sand is dry on top and moist under the sand .
the scorpion can climb up and down his tunnel to regulate his moisture level that way , dry on top wet on the bottom

I just had my Scorpion in a small plastic tank with coirpeat substrate, a few pieces of bark and thats it. Would throw about 5 crickets in each week and spray the tank twice a week.

I just had my Scorpion in a small plastic tank with coirpeat substrate, a few pieces of bark and thats it. Would throw about 5 crickets in each week and spray the tank twice a week.
what species scorpion do you have ,
the deserts can get a fungal problems if they to moist .

that system is perfect for rainforest species and even the black rock varieties

and the way you keep them is up to how long you wish them to live for

Oh Ok....
I found it on a tree!!!! About 1-2metres high up...

It is approx 5-6cms TL

Just placed an order for some stuff with greenscorpion.com... looking forward to recieving my new additions!

yeh i just getting some new glass tank for the spiders,all it will have is coco peat,and maybe a nice flower or p drift wood..... be careful spider will take all ur money!

yeh i just getting some new glass tank for the spiders,all it will have is coco peat,and maybe a nice flower or p drift wood..... be careful spider will take all ur money!

lol spiders are about the cheapest thing to maintain that i keep, even cheap to buy, occasionally can buy 100 for $100-$200

its usually only with mates near by, thats at 1st instar when shipping is unsuitable and before they need to be separated, just means i have to do all the hard work lol and buy all the containers

you probably could but only if you can collect as 1st instar isnt suitable for shipping.

Im looking at buying some more spiders and Scorps of bylo, I purchased my first T off him a few months ago and its going great, I Highly recommend Bylo and look forward to doing more business with him. Oh and Bylo how much is postage for a Yeshenkoi complete setup to 2153 sydney NSW?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back