Scorps pics!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hubby took these pics of his new Flinders Range Scorps, though you might like to see.:D

Attachments

• Scorpionweb.jpg
    Scorpionweb.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Stingweb.JPG
    Stingweb.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 62
Very cool. I can't find a decent blacklight anywhere. Also just recently got a flinders range. Pretty cool, huh?

Very cool. I can't find a decent blacklight anywhere. Also just recently got a flinders range. Pretty cool, huh?

ebay, i just got 2 for $50, nice scorp tan

I love how they glow like that under UV. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for scorpions.

I found a couple in my local nature reserve and photographed them yesterday. ( funnily enough I had to turn over a log or two to find them as they don't come out to bask 8) :lol:)

Very nice, thanks for sharing :D

only the stupid ones;) i got stung once by one of the more dangerous aus sp but i was trying to move it to one end of the containerwith my hand, i deserved it. Urodacus species would be something like a bee sting but depends on the person.

Haha, don't be stupid, I'm not really a bug person, they are hubby's to play with. He gets the boy out and lets it crawl on his hand and it seems quite placid - no stings yet. However, he is yet to build the courage to get the female out as she is a piggy. She's always hungry and on the hunt! Apparently the are like a wasp sting, etc, but I'm not going to find out!

Go on Tan... i dare you:shock:!!! I want to see a nice red itchy like spot at the next herp meeting now... i think i hear the female calling to you!

But seriously those things are kinda cute... in a freaky way...

I am no glutton for punishment, however, I do find them extremely interesting to watch especially at feeding time. Might sound silly, but i"d rather a bite from one of my bigger pythons than a scorpion:shock:

Good looking Scorp, can't get a pic of mine at the moment, she's too fast which is suprising as she's preggers. Spends most of her time hiding right now.

We are a little scared to put ours together, can you give me a quick run down on how to breed them?

We are a little scared to put ours together, can you give me a quick run down on how to breed them?

Hi Tan, I was given the preggers one as a fathers day present, so I can't help you too much. I know they need a large flat rock to dance on for it to happen. For some really good info try this link http://www.thedailylink.com/thespiralburrow/

I keep a pair of Deserts together, but the tank is fairly large and they tend to keep to their own ends at the moment.

Al. :)

i'd be scared aswell, U. elongatus are very prone to eating their mate, like other scrape dwellers normally very intolerant of others and should be kept separate unless breeding but even then they can and do eat eachother.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Don't fancy trying to rescue him if she goes canibal on him!

if you do try make sure they are both very well fed and make sure you do have a male and a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back