Security Warning Pops Up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Whenever I open threads on my work PC I get the Security Warning shown in the picture. I’m on IE8 with no possibility of upgrading or changing browsers because our PCs are heavily administrator controlled so no installing new programs.
Does anyone know if there’s a setting I can change to stop it popping up? I guess the alternative is to stop procrastinating at work but where’s the fun in that??

Attachments

• Security Warning.JPG
    Security Warning.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 386
Hi Sax,

I have the same issue with our Work environment and its due to the way images and certain other content is stored and referenced by the database in a https session.

Can you let me know if you have access to the Internet Security settings by going Internet Options-> security Tab -> Change security settings? You may be able to alter some settings there which we can do to stop the pop up.

Sweet as.

First thing I would try to see if it resolves it (and it has less impact) would be to add APS as a trusted site by going to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security Tab -> Trusted Sites -> Sites. Click on Add and then Accept and close the window. Restart IE and see if it works.

28ksz90.png

Thanks for the help, Stu but unfortunately that particular setting is locked. Might just have to live with it.

Hmm, Ok, Im wondering if I know the company you work for :p.

Next one to try is altering the settings for the Zone you are in which generally is "Internet" . If you can follow the same path to get to the Security Tab and then click on "Internet" option instead of Trusted Sites. From there, click on the "Custom Level" button which should open up a whole range of options.

From there, scroll down through the plethora of MS fun stuff and look for the "Mixed Content" settings. Change the option to "Enable" if you can.

IC310971.gif

It may be irrelevant to your problem but I'd generally recommend using chrome or Firefox instead of IE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back