Sellers/Buyers Beware of Rory Maclean

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tojo

Reaction score
Hi all,I recently sold 5 jungles to Rory Maclean in Brisbane.He paid with a cheque which of co**** was dishonoured and his details on the MA were also wrong:evil:.Just letting people know to be wary and not make the same mistake as me and accept a cheque.It is now in the hands of the police.If anyone else has been ripped off by this person ,let me know as any help to bring him to justice and keep our hobby enjoyable would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
That sux! Sorry to hear that.
Hopefully the police can do something to get your money or snakes back.

Isn't that the name that was on Pails for scales web page a while ago? Pails was saying he had nothing to do with pails or something like that.

I can only hope that he is caught as I would like my snakes back! Just have to try and locate him!

Omg! Surely someone on here knows where he lives or works? That sux.. What goes around comes around. I'd never accept a cheque. Hey, wouldn't ecoaccess have to know where he is? You could at least alert them that he may be up to something. What a creep.

rory maclean has been around for a few years doing this sort of thing

Good Luck, i was ripped off when purchasing animals last year, still waiting on the police to actually move on the information they have. Which is a lot of information. Last i was told they know who it is and where he is just have to wait.

What is wrong with people !

Were they shipped? Could also contact AAE if they were I am sure they would have cameras to get a description.

Hey flinders how does he keep getting away with it.Surely other people would have gone to the police about him!

Have you checked out whitepages online? there are two r mcleans. you could check it out and the addresses are there too if you get the right guy. You know, if we all chipped in $1 you'd get a pretty good ransom for any of his creepy friends to dob him in :)

grr, hope they catch the beggar and you get your snakes back. *shakes fist threateningly*

I actually dropped them off to him at a shopping centre expecting cash but got a cheque instead.I had sold to him acouple of years ago with no drama so thought everything would be fine.I do however have his face burnt into my memory so hopefully I will run into him one day!

Thanks frogboy I will do that!Thanks for the show of support everyone!I think it is what most people dread happening!

Yes he is the same person that was on the pails website. He was using roy's name.

Under no circumstances deal with this person.

I have often wondered how much police put into these sort of things, hopefully they get him, never had anything to do with him but i remmeber seeing a few similar threads about him. I also remember something about him starting a reptile business or something :?

On a related issue is it possible to call the EPA(or whatever it is in other states) and check to make sure someones licence details are legit or is it confedential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back