Sellers/Buyers Beware of Rory Maclean

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have often wondered how much police put into these sort of things, hopefully they get him, never had anything to do with him but i remmeber seeing a few similar threads about him. I also remember something about him starting a reptile business or something :?

On a related issue is it possible to call the EPA(or whatever it is in other states) and check to make sure someones licence details are legit or is it confedential?

I learnt my lesson about paying for something prior to getting movement advise authorized, i paid a guy and waited for the movement advise that come back, no one of that name holds this license number, license number not legit.

Lesson learnt do not pay for anything until all relevant paperwork is through!

This was last August !! Never have gotten my money back but the police havent been too bad, the guy ripped off a few other people also. They have all the information they need and then passed it interstate as this person is not in the same state as i am.

So its just a waiting game until they get to my paperwork underneath there other paperwork!

They ring me every few weeks though to let me know they are still persuing it .

Wait and see,

Hope you catch the w****r Tojo.

I dont know how people can rip others off and still sleep at night!

If he has a cheque book surely the bank has an address, but like in my situation (reversed) you have to go through the police and they have to get that information.

Unless you have inside help to get it.

Weird.. you did get his licence number right ? Why not just call national parks and tell them whats happened and send them around with the police to take the snakes...

Thanks everyone I am getting a good feeling that with all this help he days are numbered!

Good luck with finding him and getting your animals back (or at least compensation), Tojo...

Cant offer any advice for finding him now, but here's some advice for future sellers - NEVER accept personal cheques, but if you do (or if they want to pay with a bank cheque), make sure you see (and record) their drivers licence details - No licence, no sale...

Unbelievable, how can someone have been doing it for years ? There are so many dodgy people in this damn hobby.

What a ......... I agree if i ripped someone off that much i wouldnt be able to sleep at night, I really hope he is caught and that you do get your snakes back.

scammers are everywhere and always will be there, its people that need to become wiser and not be fooled, maybe if someone offers a cheque walk away or since your at a shopping centre ask them to go get the cash out.

I wish you well and hope you get your snakes back unharmed...let the EPA and the police do the rest

I thought everyone knew about this low life :(

Cheers
Sandee :)

sounds like you should be able to track him down. sounds like others would like to see him too

I hope you get your snakes and money back tojo!

Thats for all the positive networking it is starting to look like his days are numbered!Thanks everyone!

Hangon.... You sent the reptiles BEFORE the cheque cleared???????
I think you did that in the wrong order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back