Sellers/Buyers Beware of Rory Maclean

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here Here Jonno. Some good old debt collecting how it should be done.

Some legal methods just take too long and the penalties are not enough.

Hmm what a low life... I'm all for the lynch mob, just let us all know when and where! hope all go's well for you, Brad.

Hangon.... You sent the reptiles BEFORE the cheque cleared???????
I think you did that in the wrong order...

Yeah but think about it, buying and selling can be a bit of an intimidating thing... if he had dragged 5 pythons all the was to the shopping centre and the buyer pulls out a cheque, he probably just took it thinking the guy was trustworthy and that he didn't want to make a fuss...
I probably would've made the same mistake in that situation not wanting to make an issue...

Sorry Tojo but you got kissed by the dirtiest dog in town. Don't let him get away with it. Mate i don't care if i have to fly up there. i am up for that.

jungles

I try and make a habit to get them to produce a drivers license or photo id and right down license number, that way you have more info to foward to the police, i do it all the time in my job better safe that sorry.

Best of luck recovering them

jungles

Should speak to police about if possible to recover CCTV footage of the exchange in the shopping centre, they may be able to obtain a pic of your man and maybe a rego of the vehicle. as long as you know time, date and place

that sux.
Just for info for people in relation to the investigation side of things.

Police work is not like you see on TV where the police work one case at a time and it all wraps up nicely.
Most general duties police are investigating about a dozen matters at a time, inbetween responding to other jobs etc.
Detectives have bigger issues to chase up and unless the value hits about $10k they usually would not get involved.
Matters like this (stealing/fraud) occur daily, in fact so do assaults/rapes/suicides/burglaries etc, so jobs get prioritised.
Now for the part that sux, lets just say police find him and he is charged but snakes not located. You will have buckleys of getting snakes back, and restitution is like getting blood from a stone. But even if he is charged and found guilty, he would get stuff all punishment (fine or good behaviour) and be back doing it again as they don't care and know they would not go to jail.
thank god for our wonderful legal system!! LOL
sorry to dishearten you, but they are the facts.
j

I have seen drugies go to court for literally dozens of burglaries and because they claim they did it to support drug habit etc, the magistrate sends them to rehab instead of jail.

One guy I know of was charged with 80 offences (mainly burglaries/ UUMV (car theft)) pleaded guilty and magistrate sent him to drug rehab and guess what......he took off on the first night and committed more offences until police finally caught him again and sent him back to court!

A lot of these people have no addresses and are transiant so finding them is hard, especially when they keep running or getting into vehicle pursuits.
jas

Sorry to hear that Tojo.

I don't mean to sound smart, but I wouldn't accept a personal cheque in almost any situation.

Hmmmm now there's a name I've heard a few times.

I have to agree with a few comments here, I'd never take a personal cheque. Having said that, i can totally see how intimidating it'd be to be in that situation. It's always easy to say you should do this or that when you're not the one being put on the spot like that.

Tough break Tojo, hope it comes full circle, via the authorities, or otherwise, depending on what kind of person you are.... I sure know how I would deal with the situation.

Eww what a sleezey punk send a mob around his house and take ALL the snakes he has on property

I normally wouldn't take a cheque either except i had driven to Brisbane on the promise of cash to be told he didn't have the time to get that amount out and so gave me a cheque. I thought well i had sold to him before with no problems and I am here vwith the snakes etc why not.I did get him to put his drivers licence on the back of the cheque but that turned out to be fake as well.He is a season scam artist hence why he has been able to keep doing to people in all states.A lynch mob sounds like the best way to stop this guy!

Eww what a sleezey punk send a mob around his house and take ALL the snakes he has on property

When you think about all the crocs, varanids, roaches, mealworms and other animals many of us have if everyone took their share... would be no need to take more than one animal ;) :lol:

I actually dropped them off to him at a shopping centre expecting cash but got a cheque instead.I had sold to him acouple of years ago with no drama so thought everything would be fine.I do however have his face burnt into my memory so hopefully I will run into him one day!
Then you can kick his A**!

Ha Ha Dont drop the soap Rory :p ha ha
Sounds like you know something We don't Colin , any chance you could elaborate has this guy finally been charged with something , would be good if he has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back