Selling on this forum

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredbandt

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum, have paid membership and flagged it as becoming a member able to sell and post on forums but when payment was made, my account looks more restricted.

how long will it take to fix this? have I done something wrong?

Kind Regards

Jared

Which payment method did you use? Everytime i have used the paypal one it is instant.

You would need to wait for your payment to clear (payment to appear in their account). With public hols there will prolly be some delay too

Paypal is instant and best method if your in a hurry, just like on ebay, items you pay for by paypal get sent str8 away

Soon as payment is seen to go through then the site admin will change your account.
Usually takes a few days.

Paypal is instant and best method if your in a hurry

Paypal is good, but it does have it's issues. I woke up only a few days ago to find someone had used my paypal account to pay for a $1200 iPad. Silly thing was, the delivery address was mine?!?! Only thing I could put it down to was a newbie hacker trying to learn the ropes. Bottom line is, the sum was deducted from my linked credit card, but within two hours of lodging a dispute, paypal had emailed me stating that they had found in my favour, and the money was back in my credit card the next day. So although paypal isn't fool proof, generally the only problems you have are heart related when you see the fraudulent expense :lol:

I woke up only a few days ago to find someone had used my paypal account to pay for a $1200 iPad. Silly thing was, the delivery address was mine?!?!
sure you weren't sleep shopping online and got a little indulgent ,i do it all the time :shock:;);)

Paypal is good, but it does have it's issues. I woke up only a few days ago to find someone had used my paypal account to pay for a $1200 iPad. Silly thing was, the delivery address was mine?!?! Only thing I could put it down to was a newbie hacker trying to learn the ropes. Bottom line is, the sum was deducted from my linked credit card, but within two hours of lodging a dispute, paypal had emailed me stating that they had found in my favour, and the money was back in my credit card the next day. So although paypal isn't fool proof, generally the only problems you have are heart related when you see the fraudulent expense :lol:
Sorry bud but that's not true, they take at least two weeks to refund back to credit cards and lodging a dispute takes weeks.
Cool story though.

Sorry bud but that's not true, they take at least two weeks to refund back to credit cards and lodging a dispute takes weeks.
Cool story though.

Well, I apologise if my experience does not mirror what you have heard, but I guarantee you it is true. Cool reply though... didn't really add anything of substance, but it's nice you thought your heresay important enough to inject.

I'm not going to argue, sorry akarsha :p I won't get into a ******* contest with him over this. I have my credit card statements, he has his strong convictions. I'm going to leave it at that so the thread can continue on it's original course. Sorry to be a killjoy :lol:

You mad right now?
Just explain how you had a dispute "completed" within a few hours when you need to claim and that needs to run it's course.
Secondly when you use a credit card on eBay without adding your credit card details for that exact purchase and you don't have enough to pay using your paypal balance there is also a usual turn around time of 3-5 days (The same as bank acc)
And turn around times are more than a few days for credit card refunds UNLESS a business physically has your credit card in their hands.

Thanks for trying though. Weird thing to lie about

You mad right now?
Just explain how you had a dispute "completed" within a few hours when you need to claim and that needs to run it's course.
Secondly when you use a credit card on eBay without adding your credit card details for that exact purchase and you don't have enough to pay using your paypal balance there is also a usual turn around time of 3-5 days (The same as bank acc)
And turn around times are more than a few days for credit card refunds UNLESS a business physically has your credit card in their hands.

Thanks for trying though. Weird thing to lie about
mate theres supposed to be the same sort of system with banks but when they stuffed up and lost 12 thousand dollars of my money they credited it straight back to my bank account out of their money because it was their stuff up they put the cheque into a bank account i was closing and i wanted it in a new account that i had just opened so when the old account was closed all the money whent back to the person it was coming from , my point is that they never should of credited me the money by there bank regulation/rules that they have but they did , maybe the same sort of thing probably happened here because of the circumstances

now tell me im lying because you know absolutely everything there is to know about this sort of thing oh all mighty batanga ( god thats a weird name does it even have a meaning sounds like something a 10 year old would make up )

Took me about 4 weeks to get money back from paypal after someone somehow managed to use my account to buy a phone in the US. Maybe they realised how ridiculously long that is and changed they way they handle it.

mate theres supposed to be the same sort of system with banks but when they stuffed up and lost 12 thousand dollars of my money they credited it straight back to my bank account out of their money because it was their stuff up they put the cheque into a bank account i was closing and i wanted it in a new account that i had just opened so when the old account was closed all the money whent back to the person it was coming from , my point is that they never should of credited me the money by there bank regulation/rules that they have but they did , maybe the same sort of thing probably happened here because of the circumstances

now tell me im lying because you know absolutely everything there is to know about this sort of thing oh all mighty batanga ( god thats a weird name does it even have a meaning sounds like something a 10 year old would make up )

Ummmm the bank holds your funds so why would it seem odd they could refund instantly? PayPal doesn't have any ruling over your financial accounts and therefore needs to abide by Australian law regarding such which means a period of time before being transferred back in to your account as it not only creates a paper trail but also allows your bank time to pick up on cases of fraud.

My name sounds like something a 10 year old made up? Says the person who calls himself Thomassssssss....wow, that is brilliant.

I'm not going to argue, sorry akarsha :p I won't get into a ******* contest with him over this. I have my credit card statements, he has his strong convictions. I'm going to leave it at that so the thread can continue on it's original course. Sorry to be a killjoy :lol:

All good bud, everyone else picked up where you left off! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back