Sense of smell

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangs

Reaction score
We all know that if you have handle a rodent then handle a snake then you are increasing your chance of being nipped.
Do you think a snake would be more inclined to bite you if you had just handled another species of snake?Just curious.

cheers M....

from my own experience .. nah .. if you have anothers shed skin lying around, introduce it to the snake .. it's quite fascinating watching them sniff it .. and stuff

I have heard cases of male pythons biting owners cus they had handled other males during breeding season.But I havnt witnessed this 1st hand.

I read somewhere that if you want a species of snake to breed you can separate the sexes then bring them back together and add a skin of another snake and they go for it hammer and tongs! Can't remember what book though :?
So I would say that there is probably some effect from other snakes and if they are territorial then bitey bitey

Cheers Hawkeye :lol: :lol:

True hawkeye, I use to place another males hide in the enclosure along with hes shed skin to increase the chances of breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back