Separating Snake Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy_Snake08

Reaction score
Hi All,
My darwin girl just dropped eggs and I'm after some help in terms of how to separate the eggs from the bunch? Or do I have to at all, can I just put them in the incubator?
Thanks!

I never bother to separate eggs these days with the exception of bhp eggs.

I never bother to separate eggs these days with the exception of bhp eggs.

How hard is it to seperate BHP eggs? I hear the leathery skin of the egg is thinner than morelia species. I couldn't for the life of me seperate my Bredli eggs even within minutes of them being laid. Do BHP eggs come appart any easier?

Damn. I was hoping you had some trick to it. I bet she will lay when I am at work. She is due this week.
Thanks

l never separate anything......who does it in the wild ? l have had up to 43 bredli eggs layed in a mass and with a clutch that big to avoid "egg heating" in the last week of gestation l gradually lower the temp by 1.5 degrees c. solar 17 (baden)

Thanks Baden.
So do you just pip the outer eggs or none at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Baden.
So do you just pip the outer eggs or none at all?

I've never bred BHPs but I have had eggs from A.ramsayi on several occasions and have found their eggs relatively easy to separate (if you get them soon after laying) with the rounded end of a spoon handle...it takes a bit of care and I have had to leave a couple of eggs attached on occasion. The only real benefit of doing so is to fit them into whatever containers you might be incubating them in. If you have large incubation containers that will take a whole egg mass you probably don't need to bother unless some of the eggs are either infertile or off. Most infertile eggs I've had have been rejected by the female anyway and are separate from the main clutch.

Ive just come home from work and found my Ghost children layed on the paper instead of her laying box.The clutch was then stuck to paper,and all the eggs have paper stuck on bottom of them after removing them.Has anyone had succesful clutches with the same problem,or any tips on removing paper from eggs

just leave the paper on them won't hurt anything at all ,just be happy she layed on the paper and not on the cage floor then you have problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back