Setopress. Snakebite bandages?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used that type ever earthling seems good but ......
I like my horse/animal bandages..$6.00 from any produce place ..I dont have to worry about it slipping and it adheres to itself .So if I ever have to use a splint method it holds it perfectly in place wether its two sticks I have used or rulers or what ever ..and it stretches up to two meters if needed ..I have two of these in my snake bag .

Never saying that the ones that the ambo's promote arent good either ,but have seen some so called snake kits put together at local pharmacies and prices have ranged from $60.00 to $80.00 dollars ..and people get sucked into them ..

A snake bites you or even your pet you want to slow down the spreading , so thus needing compression ..if a $6.00 bandage can do just why not use them ..
and with these bandages they are water proof and you can keep a few in your camping gear ,car ,home ,garages ,sheds,boats etc ...
Plus for those that like to be up there with the latest of fashions ..they come in a variety of colours so not only will you be giving yourself first aid but you will look all vogue and trendy going to hospital ;)

I like my horse/animal bandages..$6.00

yep redbelly...these are ideal and most importantly affordable

Cheers
Sandee :)

We have been advised by Red Cross, St. Johns and Ambulance Victoria that these bandages are NOT all they are cracked up to be and are not as effective as they originally thought. The latest information will tell you heavy duty crepe bandages 7.5cm width and use two of them.....check the Australian Resusitation Council for more information about pressure imobilisation technique.

Well I have tested it on myself and am happy with it, was restrictive able to hold two stick splints in place and never slipped and stuck perfectly ..and especially if I was on my own trying to stay calm and wrap a bandage around me ..the fact it self adheres is also a great thing in my books ..each to their own I suppose ..

Yes, im sold on the horse bandages as well.
Next time i get bitten ill give them a go.
They seem to work ok in trial runs but the proof is in the pudding.

I am under the impression that compression bandages should not be used for blacksnake bites as they tend to concentrate the venom in one spot, enabling the necrosis of the flesh to happen.

I was told by an old timer that is best to not bandage, stay calm, let the venom flow through your system and ride it out.

Can anyone varify or poohoo this theory?

Of course, 1st thing you do if bitten by a ven is seek medical assistance.

Read it, cant see where it says not to use my pressure type of bandages at all ...

Did not say that the Australian resuscitation council said anything about bandage type, they are comments from course providers. However point 2 does say crepe bandages are preferred. The link was added to give clarification of industry standard approach to snake bite treatment......as it mentions any flexible material can be used.

Oh yeah most house hold 1st aid kits have 7.5cm crepe bandages and you can pick them up for about $5-6 at your local supermarket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back