• Check out the new Feedback and suggestions forum. This adds the ability to add ideas for the site and upvote/downvote them. It would be great to hear from you all in how we can boost site activity and who would like to assist with some exciting ideas from Rob and I.

Setup Cost for juvenile Python

Robbog1983

Hi there, i've done some research on everything I'll need for a setup, plus food, extra gear like feeding tongs etc and the young Python itself Woma/Carpet, I will have a $1400 budget, everything I looked at comes to about $1300 new, just wondering if that sounds right?

WizardFromAus-

I dunno
Post automatically merged:

Possibly.. you can get carpets for pretty cheap. Woma usually a little more pricey
Post automatically merged:

Im guessing your buying a big enclosure?

Last edited:

Herptology

Very Well-Known Member
Trusted Seller
(im not well versed on woma pythons, this is all in regards to carpets) before i say anything, please do NOT buy from a pet shop, otherwise they're gonna bust your budget balls to the wall on stuff u dont need

thats way overpriced mate, assuming just a standard python you will be looking at 100$ for a wild type -- 2-300 for a hypo bredli/ black and gold jungle/ albino Darwin - lets meet in the middle at 200$~

Enclosure, for a juvenile if you want to do it properly, a click clack set up would be best, just have to find a decent size... I personally use 9L quadrant tubs to about 9mths old then, then 15L tubs to a year old, then 41L bell tubs till sub Adult size
These will cost anywhere from 5$-50$ + Thermostat another 1-300 (again meet in middle at 200$) + housing and water bowl, another 5-10$ --- so $260-270 for a setup

Food, I HIGHLY recommend finding a local breeder who will sell Frozen mice will be anywhere from 80c per weaner to $1.50 for adult mice up to 8$ for large jumbo rats. You dont need a lifetime of food from the get go, I personally get a few months worth of food in one go.

Adult enclosure will be about 3-400$ but you wont need that for about a year and half

a1devilishxo

Hi there, i've done some research on everything I'll need for a setup, plus food, extra gear like feeding tongs etc and the young Python itself Woma/Carpet, I will have a $1400 budget, everything I looked at comes to about $1300 new, just wondering if that sounds right?
I got a full reptile setup in mint condition off gumtree for about $170 around Christmas..if your lucky its definitely worth having a look. The guy was rich and just upgraded his tank. It was a steal. 3ftx 3ft by 2ft. All of this came with it

And a tub full of lights, mats, reptile cleaning products etc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 4