Setup Cost for juvenile Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbog1983

Reaction score
Hi there, i've done some research on everything I'll need for a setup, plus food, extra gear like feeding tongs etc and the young Python itself Woma/Carpet, I will have a $1400 budget, everything I looked at comes to about $1300 new, just wondering if that sounds right?

I dunno
[automerge]1612507477[/automerge]
Possibly.. you can get carpets for pretty cheap. Woma usually a little more pricey
[automerge]1612507658[/automerge]
Im guessing your buying a big enclosure?

Last edited:
(im not well versed on woma pythons, this is all in regards to carpets) before i say anything, please do NOT buy from a pet shop, otherwise they're gonna bust your budget balls to the wall on stuff u dont need

thats way overpriced mate, assuming just a standard python you will be looking at 100$ for a wild type -- 2-300 for a hypo bredli/ black and gold jungle/ albino Darwin - lets meet in the middle at 200$~

Enclosure, for a juvenile if you want to do it properly, a click clack set up would be best, just have to find a decent size... I personally use 9L quadrant tubs to about 9mths old then, then 15L tubs to a year old, then 41L bell tubs till sub Adult size
These will cost anywhere from 5$-50$ + Thermostat another 1-300 (again meet in middle at 200$) + housing and water bowl, another 5-10$ --- so $260-270 for a setup

Food, I HIGHLY recommend finding a local breeder who will sell Frozen mice will be anywhere from 80c per weaner to $1.50 for adult mice up to 8$ for large jumbo rats. You dont need a lifetime of food from the get go, I personally get a few months worth of food in one go.

Adult enclosure will be about 3-400$ but you wont need that for about a year and half

Hi there, i've done some research on everything I'll need for a setup, plus food, extra gear like feeding tongs etc and the young Python itself Woma/Carpet, I will have a $1400 budget, everything I looked at comes to about $1300 new, just wondering if that sounds right?
I got a full reptile setup in mint condition off gumtree for about $170 around Christmas..if your lucky its definitely worth having a look. The guy was rich and just upgraded his tank. It was a steal. 3ftx 3ft by 2ft. All of this came with it

And a tub full of lights, mats, reptile cleaning products etc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back