Sexing A Spotted And Jungle Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samanthaxxx

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got some baby pythons a jungle and spotted usually I buy them bigger and already sexed I was wonder how I could sex them would probing be the best way to go?
I'm not quite sure any vets around here look after reptiles and I'm pretty scared about doing it myself? Any suggestions would help
Thanks

Not sure about probing but all advice/vids i have seen on popping recommended having an experienced person show you 1st otherwise you may permanently injure the snake.

Don't attempt popping if you've never done it before as you could damage the little one with to much pressure
Ask around for local breeders if there is no vets :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you :) will try and find someone I know a lot of people don't prob either that breed so I might try our uni someone their may do it

As kitty said, you should see someone who knows what they are doing and if they let you, ask if you can do it under their supervision for the 2nd snake, so you can get experience

You can really injure them if you do something simple but stupid, like pushing too hard etc

Popping is pushing the hemipenes out and looking at the length

Again this should only be done next to an experienced person!

However once you do it 10~ times you should be comfortable enough to do either!

You could also check the sheds for signs of hemipenes. It worked for my Spotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back