Shedding help needed...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1stprincess

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a two yr old spottie.. i only got him 2 weeks ago. he fed on thursday, a weaner mouse.. last night i noticed he has shed from his mouth down his chin, and that is all. He has very loose skin, so im assuming he will shed the rest soon, but its just not happening yet.. i have put extra water in to create humidity and have sprayed mist water in enclosure aswell.. if anyone has any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated.. thanks..

you can buy some products that assist with shedding and you can bath them in it to let them soak..and make sure he has a rough tree or something to rub against

yea, he has bark and a tree stump kind of thing.. i may need to look into buying something to bath him in.. thanks so much.. cheers..

You don't need to buy anything to bathe him...I use a 4L icecream tub that's also used as a feeding tub and holding tub for when I'm doing a big cleanup (mine's a poop-smearer).
Also wet pillowcases/teatowels/flannels can be used and I found mine used my skin to get some retained shed off after I bathed him :)

thanks melissa. still no luck.. im spraying inside tank, and hes had a bath.. might have to do more research.. i havnt had this problem with my other two snakes..he is a ratbag..

thats funny, he seems to be having a bit of trouble.. ive been reading posts from others about bad sheds, especially around the head, and its making me worry more..hopefully he gets it off by morning..he has started to scratch off around the neck, but has missed the top of his head and his eyes... i might try the warm towel in the morning if no better..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back