Shedding issues tips

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mje772003

I have a water python that rarely sheds well most of the time I was wanting to know what people do with problem shedders so they do their shed with little assistance.

I have tried the spray misting of water and also using sorbolene cream but doesn't make a difference

As on the other end of the scales my olive has no problems at all

Try the water spraying everyday from when the eyes go blue....Gorgoo slides out of his like a glove if i do it that way.

All mine are the same, my water python has never had a bad shed yet. I use some 'repti spray' product because I got sucked in when starting out. I won't be buying anymore just using plain water. But it must be everyday from when first showing signs of slough. Even before the eyes go cloudy they go all hidey and their scales seem to lift, along with a dull colouration.

I am having troubles for the first ever time with my Jungle. She has done the normal process but is refusing to shed the skin. Just laying on the cold side of the enclosure. I gave her a bath and the bottom half of her skin shed but nothing else.

I feel your pain!

After my spotted went through a bad couple of sheds, I tried making a humidity hide out of an ice cream container, filled with moist sphagnum moss. I cut a small entrance Hole the lip of the container,filled it with moist sphagnum, fitted the lit, and turned it upside down, so the lid was on the enclosure floor. I then mist the enclosure, and moss, every day.

When any of mine are about to slough,i place a water dish closer to the heat source,which increases the humidity..Havent had ANY shedding troubles for ages..They all shed in one complete shed..

It's strange as never had an issue with my olive but always problems with my water python

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back