SheOak Skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie97

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
DSC05368.jpgDSC05369.jpg
hi i got two little beautiful baby sheoaks yesterday and they are so amazing! there are a a couple of pics^
heaps more to come :D
they have such awesome personalities!
thankyou :D

"Thought I'd best add something to this post as I was the one who suggested it in the first place and it's been sitting idle ever since.
Here's a recipe for lizards similar to one I saw on Aussie pythons a few years ago. Blueys love it, as do she-oaks & whites and pretty well any other skink.

2 x punnets of strawberries
Reptile multi vitamin powder
300 or so grams of mushrooms
1/2 lean mince
2 x eggs
1 x 1kg Goulbourn Valley peach slices
1 x 1kg Goulbourn Valley pear slices
1 x 1kg Goulbourn Valley apricot slices
(you can use another brand if you like or even different combinations of fruit like mangoes but make sure that the fruit you use is in fruit juice and not syrup as syrup is way to much processed sugar for your pets)

Put the strawberries in a deep bucket or a large boiler and give them a good dosing of reptile vitamin powder. Go ape on them with a bamix/hand held blender until you have a nice smooth puree. This way the vitamins are introduced early into the base and shall be all throughout the food and not scattered in little lumpy pockets.

Next, roughly chop the mushrooms and scatter all over the puree.

Now, open the fruit slices and drain off all the liquid. Reserve the liquid. Throw all the drained fruit pieces in the bucket/boiler and go ape once more until the contents are of a nice, smooth consistency.

Add the mince. Give that a good blast until it is all mixed evenly through.

Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk. Pour the eggs evenly into the mixture while using the blender to evenly distribute.

Last but not least, take some of the reserved fruit juice and pour it into the mixture. Not so much that it becomes runny or too sloppy but just enough to maintain a smoothish consistency... you'll have to experiment with this one till you find something you're happy with.

That's it... your done.
It can be stored and frozen in containers like the empty fruit slice ones you've just used to make the dish or for smaller portions zip lock bags or ice cube trays (or just smaller containers).

Sometimes I'll chuck in some blueberries, grapes or cherries (pips out of course)... it's up to you really but the above recipe will do them just fine without any additions.

bon appetit "
thats not mine but ill be feeding them that :)

no prob I made up some last night with a few different ingredients and they sheoaks and blueys loved it!

Thanks for that recipe tassie i'll have to try it.
I have question for you, is it to hot for these skinks in qld because they look exelent.
cheers Jason.

Umm im not really sure, there is a mainland subspecies im sure someone would be able to help!

I have question for you, is it to hot for these skinks in qld because they look exelent.
cheers Jason.

i dont think the tassie ones would like the heat up there. i have found one at about 800m on a mountain in the central tassie highlands, very much a cold adapted variety of skink.

i dont think the tassie ones would like the heat up there. i have found one at about 800m on a mountain in the central tassie highlands, very much a cold adapted variety of skink.

Thanks for the info mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back