Shipping reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm getting too sensitive but I'm so over the whole 'I do this & never had a problem'
Laws are there for a reason, break the law & suffer the consequences.
You think the law shouldn't be in place because you know better? Well it was probably put in place based on some real events where animals have suffered, (we have all seen these on TV). We all know someone who has a horror story regarding freight & lets be honest here, air freight is by far a better option than Aus Post.
If it's legal to post insects then great post them. Don't come on a reptile site telling everyone that post is the best option. Some idiot might read that & think it's ok to post their baby python or frill neck to save a few bucks. (God forbid they might try posting something more dangerous).

Last edited:
it's dodgey too ... I'd never do business with anyone who says they are going to use the post to send a reptile to me.

One of the main problem with Australia post is that they say ( and charge) for delivering but often don't , instead only leaving a please collect from the local post office card which further delays delivery. Most of the courier companies deliver to your door but with Australia Post it depends upon the particular post man. I use a lot of courier companies and don't believe you are comparing apples with apples as the service varies dramatically.

So how do you go about shipping reptiles, and what companies are there to use? How can we be certain that someone (a seller) will take care in shipping reptiles with the wellbeing of the animal in mind?

For transporting on the East Coast, if you don't want like having to go to the trouble of getting to the airport, I and a good friend have had a lot of good experiences with Barnetts Couriers. The drivers are careful and will even travel with the package in the air conditioned cab with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back