Should I be worried? Looking for a second opinion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead1990

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
So my sook of a male bredli thats never shown agression apart from feeding response has decided he wants be pretty cranky

Hasnt been fed in a month and is more interested in striking at my hand instead of the rat........

Enclosure is a 80cmx80cm70cm cube with a shelf and heatlamp at 33 degrees

Kritters crumble for substrate off the shelf water dish ect

Now should I be worried that hes refusing his food normally he sees the rat and goes straight for it

Has me a little worried

Hes been pretty cranky the last few days when I come home from work I open enclosure and bring him out
Sent from my ST25a using Tapatalk 2

maybe tryto up his food size or next time you try feeding them use tongs??

Blake

I use tongs and I cant see him eating next size food hes on medium adults

Maybe he is just refusing the rats cozz there not from everything reptile like usual........

I dunno aye never acted like this before

Usually loves coming out

Just dont get it

It's the time of year don't stress they won't die of starvation how old is he when was last shed etc etc

I use tongs and I cant see him eating next size food hes on medium adults

hey might my male children python stoped eating for 6 weeks tryed a pinkie mice every week didnt want it tryed a fuzzy didnt want then one week i tryed a hopper and took it stright away and took about 30 mins to get down

Male...well its that time of yr so just give him some time and he should come good...dont panic just yet he prob just hormonal...my Stimi of all snake swhent mental for couple weeks and my male jungle has just realised he aynt getting a girl and has just started feeding again ....( he may not like u any more)...lol...Joke!

I don't enough about snakes and was wondering if it was springtime hormones. If snakes do get that way then depoending on his physical size he may not have been sexually mature enough last year and now he is.

If he has started to lose condition it might be worth a phone call to your vet and run it past them, especially if he was eating up until a month ago. My Mac has gone a month without food and you wouldn't know it to look at her. Plenty of snakes go all winter without a feed and lose very little condition in that time.

I would try him on the next size up food.. My Bredli is going on 2 in january and his on mediums now without any problems. You would be suprised just how big a meal they can handle.. Just so u know 3 days later he comes back out looking for more.. I was having the snappy times with mine until i upped the food now he couldn't be a better snake..

I would try him on the next size up food.. My Bredli is going on 2 in january and his on mediums now without any problems. You would be suprised just how big a meal they can handle.. Just so u know 3 days later he comes back out looking for more.. I was having the snappy times with mine until i upped the food now he couldn't be a better snake..

I'm curious about how this ends up as the OP points out that the snake is ignoing the food that is offered and snapping at him... if it was just snapping at him I would think food size.

So my sook of a male bredli thats never shown agression apart from feeding response has decided he wants be pretty cranky

Hasnt been fed in a month and is more interested in striking at my hand instead of the rat........

Enclosure is a 80cmx80cm70cm cube with a shelf and heatlamp at 33 degrees

Kritters crumble for substrate off the shelf water dish ect

Now should I be worried that hes refusing his food normally he sees the rat and goes straight for it

Has me a little worried

Hes been pretty cranky the last few days when I come home from work I open enclosure and bring him out

How old is he? Perhaps he is of age for breeding this year, and has other things on his mind at the moment.

Just read other posts. 3 years old he is starting to mature so more than likely he may continue to refuse food till December/January. My intergrade boys won't eat before November because of breeding season, and I believe the bredli's may be a little later than my guys? Not quite sure, but I don't believe you have anything to worry about. When his new hormones settle he will settle and start eating again.

How long has he been dropping weight and how much has he lost, if you know? It's not usual for a snake to lose condition after only a month of not eating.

Proud custodian of Zephyr, a female wheatbelt Stimmie (hatched 13/12/10)
Future custodian of a mate for Zephyr, a pair of jungles, a pair of GTPs, etc, etc...
Renenet needs to stop looking at pictures of pretty snakes.
progress.gif
I like this...but u will lose eventually lol :lol:
Let the addiction forth come...im the same...jeeeeez i want more but the electicity people keep uping there prices!!!!!

I he shed a gew months ago i dare say he would
be close to another shed... But if u take him out and pop him in a tub throw the rat in and just leave him be infront of the heater or something

Thats an awfully small enclosure for a 3 year old Bredli...

Not really. The size of the snake is more important than its age. An enclosure about half the length of the snake is considered a reasonable size for a snake. height is determined whether the snakes are climbers or ground dwellers.

I have 3yr old bredli's in enclosures 90cmL x 60cmD and 45cmH. There is ample room for them. I thought they were a tad on the small side for 3yr olds but they are the first babies I've really had so I really don't know. But my jungles which are the same age, and also an intergrade baby that I bred, are all similar in size. They are happy, eating, shedding and appear bright and healthy. That is what is important to me, than losing them in an enclosure that is too big for them.

Sneeky prick had a shed tonight kinda weird usually goes all cloudy a week or so before hand

Then rhis happened and hes probably getting close to being on large adults aswell gunna give him another medium next week seeming he hasnt been fed in a month

Did I mention I love how snakes feel just after a shed lol

u7epy7yh.jpg

Not really. The size of the snake is more important than its age. An enclosure about half the length of the snake is considered a reasonable size for a snake. height is determined whether the snakes are climbers or ground dwellers.

I have 3yr old bredli's in enclosures 90cmL x 60cmD and 45cmH. There is ample room for them. I thought they were a tad on the small side for 3yr olds but they are the first babies I've really had so I really don't know. But my jungles which are the same age, and also an intergrade baby that I bred, are all similar in size. They are happy, eating, shedding and appear bright and healthy. That is what is important to me, than losing them in an enclosure that is too big for them.

Hes only just grown into this one
Il be building a new one soon

Same with my jungle shes getting big really quick

I think im due for another snake soon

Can anyone pm me Paul kelly's number

The one in Brisbane that does monitors aswell

Drowned my phone and im suposed to give him a ring this month to see if my new guys happened or not lol

Woot Woot! Go you good thing. I love a happy ending to a thread like this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back