Show and tell

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai92

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm just curious as to what laws there are in regards to taking a couple of my stimsons into my 6 year old sons class for show and tell. He has nagged his mother about it for awhile now and she asked the teacher who was more then happy for them to be brought in. I honestly wish she said no.... But now because of the teacher agreeing the decision is now been put on me. So is there anything legally stopping me from taking them in. My thoughts are, that there would be due to the movement at least... Any information you can shed on this I would appreciate.

Reptiles are only allowed to be removed from place of residence for the purposes of veterinary treatment. Or you will need to have a demonstrators permit (expensive as) or an exemption from DERM...

Thankyou. Thought that was the case. At least now I can show the mrs so I don't look like that bad guy.

my nephew wanted to take some of my reptiles in but its not allowed unless you have a demonstrators permit and also insurance in case someone gets bitten.

so i let him take in my cockatoo instead was not so nice wen he was swearing at 6 year old's.

you can always take photos of your son holding the snakes and let him take in the photos.

call the department and they will tell you what has to be done to do it properly , but it can be done

there was a thread on here around a year ago asking this exact question , pretty much every member on the forum said a flat out no

the person asking then contacted the department and to most peoples surprise was told that it was ok and that their was some simple forms and things that had to be done

so just goes to show that the forum members whilst they mean well , are not the ones who set the rules and that contacting the department should always be the first step when wondering things like this as they are the ones who will be able to give you a definite answer

edit , here it is mate , as you can see the thread goes for around 7 pages so will be a bit of reading but it is possible to take your snake in for show and tell , however if you personally dont want to really do it you could always tell a little white lie and say its not possible

heres the thread i was talking about

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/rules-show-tell-180437/page/7

Last edited:
I'd just do it - what are "they" going to do after the fact? If "they" ever find out. Make sure the container is escape-proof, and don't let anyone else handle it. As the unfortunate current Prime Minister once said - "sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than for permission to act in the first place..."

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back