Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited for ya Barra, if you can go anything by Precision Reptiles link....WOW. This is going to change the face of reptile keeping in Australia and imo has been a long-time coming.

No they didnt!

009e.jpg

008e.jpg

Photos: Henry Piorun

Mate.....Congrats !!
Very nice indeed.
Aleks.

Any one put Diamonds in the mix yet?
Insane yellow from the pics ive seen.

Cant wait to see themat 1-2 years of age, that much contrast as a juvenile says it all......

Will post up pics of the clutch and when they start to hatch.

And yes these will be the first in AUS..........

Stunning python Nicole all the best with your amazing RPMs barra

Cant wait to see themat 1-2 years of age, that much contrast as a juvenile says it all......

Very nice indeed Barra...defiantly own a few of them without hesitation...

Those RPM are looking good Col
good luck with them.

Heres a video link to Henry Piorun with the albino jag .
[video=youtube;4TFj7tyvHPk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TFj7tyvHPk&feature=related[/video]

and the dead Leucistic carpet python or super form of the jag.
[video=youtube;6ln0eR_yhTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ln0eR_yhTM[/video]

Another interesting video
Ruby-eyed Paradox Lucistic Jaguar carpet python part 1
[video=youtube;l03C42kuDEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l03C42kuDEE&feature=related[/video]

The Leucistis carpet pythons have been produced many times from jag to jag breedings but all die dew to a fatal genetic condition.
cheers
Roger

Last edited:
Jag

This is how"jags"should be advertised
Coastal x Jungle(Jag)
Coastal x Jungle(RPM)
Coastal x Jungle(Co-Dom)
Coastal x Jungle(Genetically reduced pattern)
CoastalxJungle x Junglexxxx(Nice looking cross)
Coastal Jag(Average Cross looking snake or maybe pure!!!)
But they will get advertised as
"JUNGLE JAGUAR PYTHON"(same as all of above)
Sounds much better doesnt it and you can then put an extra 0 at the end of the price!Maybe we think our Wildlife departments will one day put "Jaguar" Python on the schedule.Yes they look better than cross breds in the past but that is exactly what they are NICE LOOKING CROSSBREDS with half the offspring being nice also.$4k last season and have heard"quality ones" being offered at under $1k this season already.This could be a new record in price drop.Yes i would have one in my collection but i think i will wait till next season.Personally would not pay a cent more than a quality Jungle.This is just my opinion and a snake is worth what the purchaser is willing to pay for it!

I think you may have heard that from the rest of the APS loosers on welfare trying to slash prices.

and have heard"quality ones" being offered at under $1k this season already.This could be a new record in price drop.Yes i would have one in my collection but i think i will wait till next season.Personally would not pay a cent more than a quality Jungle.This is just my opinion and a snake is worth what the purchaser is willing to pay for it!

Nice work Barra, can't wait to see pics.

This is one I kept back from clutch last season. It is reduced pattern to some extent, the color is bland as yet with not much yellow/caramel.

But it is 100% Morelia Spilota WcDowelli (coastal carpet). I picked this breeding from a very unsuspected pair of snakes 2 years ago.
The pair were ordinary type, male was hypo type & female dark with white background. The first breeding 2008, the female was crossed with 2 different males, 1 ordinary type first, then the hypo type at end. The 30 egg clutch resulted in @@ being normal & 8 being hypo.

This was when I first realised that 1 female can produce in the one clutch different colors from different males. The following season, being 2009 the same female was mated with the same hypo male & only this male, which resulted in 32 eggs & all HYPOS.

This little girl now 9months is the result of select breeding when you can pick up traits from breeding.
She is not great but is 100% McDoweli & with more work & crossing I am eager to see what comes.

Cheers Ian.

keep this thread going. it is great.

Forgot to add photos

PA240541.jpgPA240542.jpg

Ian had a brian freeze and forgot to add the photos.....:lol:

ta
Paula

Those coastals are just beautiful Paula, wouldn't mind a coupla those ;)

dam there is some nice snakes here :) very interesting morphs indeed. Cant wait to start purchasing some of these lines myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back