Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fluffie - alot of reptiles in this hobby came from snakes that weren't legitimately put on license...why pick on the jags? do you have a problem with the most of the other animals on license because they came from animals that were not legitimately wild caught and illegally snuck on license?

how do you know that the animals didn't originate from Australia? ,do you have any proof that they were smuggled?

[deleted]

sorry, i should have explained more, i am well aware of the numbers, however we are just starting to see the amount of variety around (publically anyway). I don't know anyone with jags so yes i am a bit uneducated with what is available here at the moment.

With the lines over here that we can add into jags there certainly should be some crackers produced in the future. i know i can't wait to get my hands on some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets not turn this thread into the usual arguments or it will go.

carrpm2.jpgwhitemale2010.jpgjunglerpmyellow2.jpg carrpm1.jpg

Old pics, but great examples of what can be done with these genetics. Cant wait till the CARAMELS are mature enough to breed......

The Jungle RPM/JAG is only a 50% cross, I am hoping for a successful breeding from this animal and my Striped Palmerston male (pictured earlier in this thread), as said this pairing will throw intense YELLOW TIGER offspring.

The WHITE animal pictured is the father to the RPM/JAGS posted by carpetpythons.com and also the father to the CARAMELS pictured......

Last edited:
id be interested to know what you have all crossed with to get your results. guessing there is a lot of jungle influence, has anyone tried mixing in md or coastal etc with a rpm?

Ozzie

The WHITE animal pictured is a 50% md/coastal.

The YELLOW animal was produced from a 100% Coastal RPM/JAG over a Jungle, therefore a 50% Jungle RPM/JAG.

Vinny86

I have paired CARAMEL to CARAMEL this season, however only normals no RPM/JAG genetics involved. Super CARAMEL RPM/JAGS next season....

These are amazing..i wish i could get one! Haha

Ozzie

The WHITE animal pictured is a 50% md/coastal.

The YELLOW animal was produced from a 100% Coastal RPM/JAG over a Jungle, therefore a 50% Jungle RPM/JAG.

Vinny86

I have paired CARAMEL to CARAMEL this season, however only normals no RPM/JAG genetics involved. Super CARAMEL RPM/JAGS next season....

This whole super caramel thing has me confused. From what Ive read on US forums you cant reliably tell the difference between super-caramel (homozygous) and caramels (heterozygous) animals from the same clutch. The only reliable indicator is to breed it with a wild type and see how many caramels pop up. People are so confused as to label the best animals from a caramel x caramel pairing a possible super-caramels since they are not quite sure. This just seems like blind hope instead of fact.

To me the (controversial) answer is staring us in the face. The trait is dominant not co-dominant i.e. the heterozygous and homozygous animals look the same. This means there is no super form.

Flame away ....

This whole super caramel thing has me confused. From what Ive read on US forums you cant reliably tell the difference between super-caramel (homozygous) and caramels (heterozygous) animals from the same clutch. The only reliable indicator is to breed it with a wild type and see how many caramels pop up. People are so confused as to label the best animals from a caramel x caramel pairing a possible super-caramels since they are not quite sure. This just seems like blind hope instead of fact.

To me the (controversial) answer is staring us in the face. The trait is dominant not co-dominant i.e. the heterozygous and homozygous animals look the same. This means there is no super form.

Flame away ....

No flaming here, I definately see your point and even agree with it. Basically like you said, there is little visual difference, but as you said the quantity of CARAMELS produced does increase which is a desirable trait. However its still early days and CARAMELS certainly change dramatically as they mature and we may see a more conclusive visual difference in the near future.

One of my males. He just had a shed.

001-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Cant wait to see what we can produce in the future.

Cameron

Thats stunning Camo,

puts the shizzle on my wizzle......

I'm very new to all of this so please excuse me if this is a stupid question...but are there Black & White Jungle RPMs?

I'm very new to all of this so please excuse me if this is a stupid question...but are there Black & White Jungle RPMs?

Here is a pic of offspring I produced from the WHITE male (posted earlier by me) and a Julatten female, also the one posted earlier by carpetpythons.com with the the narrow black stripe down its back is from the same pairing.....

View attachment 158521

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back