Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i love him to.one of my favourites in my collection.very friendly and heaps of personality as well.he is more like a dog than a python.good to finally meet you at the expo as well.was hoping to catch up with barra and some others,but to be honest,i dont know who i would have been looking for.to those who came up and said gday,it was good to put a face to a name and i would haved liked to chat some more,but it was a pretty hectic day.
cheers
simon

Nice to see all of these animals come out of the dark deep dungeons of Australian herpetoculturists!!!

Point taken.I have never been a fan of the typical Coasta Jag/RPM phenotype. They really seem to outgrow their colour and contrast as they get older.
I found a link from the Queesnland conservation authority that makes it clear that mutations are not allowed to be bred up north.

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/register/p01386aa.pdf

we have had many meetings with the EPA up here when organising the queensland reptile expo and when we bought up the subject up they have stated it was more to do with physical mutations than colour mutations.they stated that as different colour mutations occured in the wild it would be difficult to legally take things further and in "KR's" own words said "we have bigger issues to deal with than people breeding pretty snakes".
we also brought up cross breeding and whether it was between species or subspecies and what about intergrade zones between species this just confused them .they said unless it was 2 completely different species it would be very hard to prove and again stated that " they have bigger issues to deal with".
i have a feeling it may all change in the near future in qld and they will soon realise it is an established pet trade and the laws will end up like the bird pet trade.cheers
simon

So many damn nice snakes on here, I don't know who to say congrats too. There all exceptional snakes, but krefft's first pic really caught my eye....are you breeding this particular snake this season krefft?

Nice animals everyone, and I agree CP.com it is good to see some animals coming out of the woods...

Ditto, i just wish i could join in on this great thread, soon maybe.

Nice animals everyone, and I agree CP.com it is good to see some animals coming out of the woods...

Jungleman

Was speaking to Krefft last night and he said he has had a couple of good matings but still early days.

In regards to the WHITE animal, I have looked through my files and thats the only pic I currently have. Although the pic was taken by The Devil and he may have the same image on his pc but a bit larger. I will give him a call and see if he can either post it up or email it through.

Thanks for the good comments guys......and good to see people finally posting pics. I remember when I first posted pics 2 years ago, how times have changed....

Jungleman

A larger version of that pic has just been posted in another thread....

If anyone is computer savvy, can they transfer it onto this thread to keep it rolling.....

Here you are Barra. Cracking animal.
BarraRPM.jpg

Attachments

• whitetab.jpg
    whitetab.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
fingers crossed

Attachments

• 001%202691.jpg
    001%202691.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 813
  • Male%20breeder.jpg
    Male%20breeder.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 807
Who said inlands were dark dull snakes? They would make cracker albinos with that colour pallet.

Maybe the WHITE male could be considered axanthic, any opinions????

I would LOVE to have one of those white RPMs *drools*

These 2 have been going at it night and day so fingers crossed......

Attachments

• JM10 @ 2 y.o..jpg
    JM10 @ 2 y.o..jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Picture 1101.jpg
    Picture 1101.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 323
Devil,

You old fellas and these new terms, its like me with computers,

The 2 dont mix......

Nice pairing you have, the offspring should have solid clean markings.....

Last edited:
Some very nice pythons on here guys...top work !

If anyone has any nice hatchies / yearlings for sales hit me up on a PM lol
Mojo the last photo of her on the floor is crazy..what a stunner !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back