show off your enclosure finishings - backgrounds and interior

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my first couple.
DSC_4911_zpsa6ad2ccc.jpg

DSC_4916_zpsdd5d57eb.jpg

DSC_4955_zps90c11e3a.jpg

DSC_4957_zps6448ef55.jpg

It's not that I 'Love' showing it off but rather that people keep starting threads 'asking' me to share it again and again... what else am I to do under such heavy popular demand Dutchy? :rolleyes:

Oh and YOU were the one who quoted and reposted the pics yet again! :p

Let's see some more enclosures! :D How else am I going to thieve all your ideas, eh?

I kid, but it is always fun seeing the different ideas people come up with for their enclosures.

x

I had a great time doing up this cabinet over the school holidays. Here it is before my big girl moved in.The background is plastic aquarium background for easy cleaning. The plants are from a bargain shop near home and none cost more than $3. The branches and sandstone are from the neighbourhood and the basking tile is from Amber tiles. They were bemused by my request for one tile, but got into the spirit. :)

Skittles used to look longingly at the aquarium background in her first enclosure, she seemed to figure she should be able to climb the rocks she could see, I'm sure it's part of the reason she is so happy in her new home. 8)

Oh and I still think this should become a sticky thread for when you open DIY...

Pygmy bearded dragons tank
tu6epu2e.jpg

Soon to be central netted dragon tank (in progress of finishing up still need more lights etc)
5anu2yra.jpg

And lastly my thick tailed geckos tank ( again still in progress need mor plants)
mu4ygy4u.jpg

Note all tank backgrounds I have made myself exept the Last tank. An this is a really good thread hope more people post there pics soon.

ma9u2e9e.jpg

A photo of my ridge tailed monitors enclosure i made. Foam, acrylic render and sealed with crommelin clear pond sealer.

Rick

Women just don't understand the passion when it comes to creating these enclosures...the time spent in daydream envisioning what needs to be done & then the hours & days creating it.
Trying to get into the mind-set of your reptiles & what they'd "like to climb & bask over".
My missus just shakes her head & tells everyone, "Oh he's off playing God again."

Yes we do. It's the non herp people that don't get it.
I love natural looking enclosures so I spend many hours searching for photos and then more hours spend trying to design and paint, to get the look I wanted.

Them's fighting words Cypher... I'm surprised JAX hasn't swatted your nose for that one. :lol:

Have a look through the builds there are plenty of girls who are contributing with their own enclosures. Having said that my wife didn't see why I was so thorough in planning ours but she is very proud of the finished product and tells all our friends how we did it together.

LOL, I did respond, t wasn't so much of swat on his nose as a stamp of my foot about picking on girls :)
I still have intentions of making a sticky that showcases peoples hard work but life has had me in a bit of tailspin lately, so it had been on the back burner for awhile, life events are calming down so hopefully I can get back to 'my' normality !

If I could get good photos and upload them ( never wants to work for me)I'd post my double decker enclosure for my woma.

If I could get good photos and upload them ( never wants to work for me)I'd post my double decker enclosure for my woma.

Host them on Photobucket and post them as an image link that way.

Women just don't understand the passion when it comes to creating these enclosures...the time spent in daydream envisioning what needs to be done & then the hours & days creating it.
Trying to get into the mind-set of your reptiles & what they'd "like to climb & bask over".
My missus just shakes her head & tells everyone, "Oh he's off playing God again."

"Shakes head" why is it that men always refer all woman as the same, I am a queen of building enclosures lol its only after having a first child that life has kicked me up the bum abit and I am unable to have enough me time to be able to build anything. time and money is the problem here. I have a husband that thinks I never finish what I have started and that I need to get rid of the snakes but he will never get me to do that in a million years.

so this is what I've made over the past 10 years and what I have now.

over 10years
7432_148647690732_2414036_n.jpgDSCF6147.JPGDSCF6130.jpgDSCF6102.jpgDSCF4283.JPGuser15481_pic17738_1250779931.jpgdesplay enclosures.jpg

what I have now (as all my snakes have outgrown the old original) mind you I don't have the time these days to do anything from scratch
not interesting enough to take photo's of the insides yet till I can fit them out. sorry about pictures hubby has his fish tank stuff on the top of the melamine enclosures and some of my snake stuff, plastic on the bottom to stop snake pee or water staining the carpet.
DSCF8495.jpgDSCF8493.jpg

some of what I saw at the crocasaurus cove in Darwin what I would LOVE to make for my big cape yorks and bhps one day.
sand monitor enclosure.jpg20101218_53.JPG20101218_12.JPG20101218_20.JPG

Methinks you need to acquaint yourself with more interesting women :p

I love making enclosures! My husband just shakes his head &...... helps out when requested. A very healthy relationship.;)

Way to incur the wrath of the DIY ladies :p some women do understand :D

FYI I had to design, draw plans, measure, purchase etc all by my lil old self *bats eyelids*
Lucky my big burly man was here to build while I did the dishes and tended to the children ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back