Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what this one is... Found near Mangrove Mountain while cycling.

attachment.php

attachment.php
Is there any particularly good spots for herring around mangrove mountain? My brother lives up there, looks like good territory but I don't know the area

As a lover of all things native I do find some of these pictures disturbing, but what i find more disturbing is the fact that some of these poor animals may have lay suffering on the road for goodness knows how long. When ever possible (and safe) i always stop and check road kill If its not dead we help however we can and if its a marsupial check for a baby (even echidnas) these babies are protected in the pouch by their mothers hips and dont die from the impact but rather starve or freeze to death on the side of the road. Even if t is dead moving it off the road stops other animals from being killed while scavenging. I found the most stunning diamond python the other week with the most amazing coloring have ever seen didn't think to take a pic but did make it a impromptu lesson to my bus full of clients!

Time to blow the dust of this old antique of a thread. Shame about the photobucket chaos sabotaging the content though, D'oh! Welcome to Flickr kids.

39901359741_cb9051463a_b.jpg

The coolest colour form of Spotted Black, would've been 5ft I guess. Darling Downs QLD.

Time to blow the dust of this old antique of a thread. Shame about the photobucket chaos sabotaging the content though, D'oh! Welcome to Flickr kids.

39901359741_cb9051463a_b.jpg

The coolest colour form of Spotted Black, would've been 5ft I guess. Darling Downs QLD.

You find the same colour morph around Inverell, Narrabri and Moree. Also get lookers like this live one below

DSCF0326.JPG

Here's a DOR Brown from Emerald Qld

IMAG0016.jpg

George.

Yeah George , seen a few different colour forms Spotted Blacks over the years, brown with black dots, silver with white dots, some almost like Colletts, but I don't have any pics of those. These are from the same area, that triangle between the Condamine and Dumaresq Rivers in southern QLD.

39955622751_38cdc4c043_b.jpg

39955621931_54286ccc20_b.jpg

And these girls turn up from time to time in the same area.

39955630891_117b25fe8c_b.jpg

Nice snakes, @RoryBreaker, or at least they would have been if they weren't so mangled and dead!

Edit: Just saw some earlier comments, I'm probably going to get screamed at through my computer screen for putting the word "nice" on this thread :/

Edit #2: Wow what a thread.

Last edited:
A decent size Red Bellied Black snake.
20180208_100306-768x1024.jpg
Found in Mundoolan, Queensland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back