Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a couple.

Attachments

• atherton trip 020.jpg
    atherton trip 020.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 326
  • atherton trip 029.jpg
    atherton trip 029.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 320
Pike1.. how did you manage to find all of THE most disturbing roadkill of all? Some of those lizards with the smashed heads... and the kangaroo in that position... they are pretty disturbing :/

Some favorites:
ESPGL001.jpg

SSCQ08029.jpg

BlackEasternBrownDOR006.jpg

100_1178.jpg

call me weared but i like to see them alive ,not dead on the road

Not really what you want to see, that's fair.

I don't necesarily see it that badly, i would rather they weren't killed through our (human) actions though. The animals usually go back into the food chain, so they have been cut down early but they are still doing what they were eventually going to do anyway. They also make for an easier and safer subjects to look at and photograph, it is much easier get a close up look of a gwardar when it is dead than when it is alive! It's also good for amateur herpers to get an idea of where different species are found within their range. For example i was finding alot of DOR whip snakes on a certain stretch of road, why was i finding them there and not in other places? I found what was unique about that area, went and found that uniqueness in another area and i started finding more whip snakes.

Yes it's horrible, but it is always going to happen. We might aswell put it to use.

Dont look at the thread..nothing wrong with it.. it clearly says what is inside..so dont open it maybe ;)

Golden-crowned snake

Attachments

• P1012681.jpg
    P1012681.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 220
  • P1012679.jpg
    P1012679.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 182
  • P1012678.jpg
    P1012678.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 187
I didnt look at any pictures, I simply scrolled right down to the end and posted my thoughts...

OMG!!!! is that a living albino wild bluetounge,its alive if it was dead its head woundn't be up,but the bad injurys it woundn't have suvived than again it might of had a chance

I don't think this thread is so bad, in actual fact as well as wairukazi's good points I should think it would raise a little awareness to keep an eye out while driving. Yeah, accidents happen and some are unavoidable but a fair few could be attributed to simply not keeping a proper eye on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back