Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite dead when I found her, dropped an egg also so am attempting to incubate... should be interesting.100_5909.jpg

Road kill, least something made use of it.
246.jpg

Shane

nawwwww thats horrible ! that probably his best mate !

between Broken Hill and Menindee Lakes

also where possible and safe to do so i get hubby to stop the car and remove the slow moving blue tongues to prevent them from being hit and sometimes to chase off the faster Bearded Dragons, at least we try to save as many as we possibly can

2010_1115october0072.jpg

there were also a lot of Bearded Dragons, Blue tongues and other things on the road, removed this one or it would have been road kill as well, got a nice little 'hiss' for my efforts, ungrateful sod lol, removed quite a few of them too

2010_1115october0079.jpg

Last edited:
between Broken Hill and Menindee Lakes

also where possible and safe to do so i get hubby to stop the car and remove the slow moving blue tongues to prevent them from being hit and sometimes to chase off the faster Bearded Dragons, at least we try to save as many as we possibly can

2010_1115october0072.jpg

there were also a lot of Bearded Dragons, Blue tongues and other things on the road, removed this one or it would have been road kill as well, got a nice little 'hiss' for my efforts, ungrateful sod lol, removed quite a few of them too

2010_1115october0079.jpg

I remember seeing a doco with these guys, they pair for life and even if one of them becomes roadkill the other stays by its side mourning.

yep i have heard the same thing and have encountered many pairs on the road, quick check for ticks, removal if i find any and then i have moved them off

they are like a train with the male following closely, almost ran over two one day, lucky hubby lined the car up so it went right over the top of them and lucky they were moving in a single line in the direction we were going and not across the road

so not only do you have to dodge one bluff but two
:lol:

sometimes we have had people stop and im often asked 'arent you scared of them' i just say NO they are all bluff :D

This little thing must've been hurtling along...

As for all the road-kill, the way I now look at it is for whatever is dead on the road, there must be exponentially more of the same living in the area. Still hate seeing a death occur in front of me though...

And as Gordo says, it's all straight back into the food chain.

Nic

Attachments

• P1030042.jpg
    P1030042.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 339
Australian Coral Snake (Brachyurophis australis)

Found this bloke around midday today, first I have seen. Almost positive he was hit within the last hour or so.

Attachments

• 100_5943.jpg
    100_5943.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_5944.jpg
    100_5944.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 100_5945.jpg
    100_5945.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 183
At least if your seeing lots of roadkill there are a lot of animals around, Still sad to see people delibratly swerving into snakes though. Also whenever i go out to the SA riverland there shinglebacks all over the road, but amazingly haven't seen a dead one yet.

it looks like a coral snake to me

Only closer inspection in Wilson and Swan, looks like it may be a Southern Shovel-nosed Snake - Brachyurophis semifasciatus

However, it depends on where OP took the photo, as they don't seem to have range in NSW. Dunno.

Kupper is right it is Brachyurophis australis...Australian Coral Snake

Went to go pick this guy up off the road while he was still alive but some a-hole drove over him before i could reach him :(

QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me while trying to save a baby bird. Some people are unbelievable!!!!
I have a friend in Gunnedah that ran over a big buck koala whilst some japanese tourists were taking photos of it. He was in a truck and could not stop.

---------- Post added 31-Dec-10 at 08:26 PM ----------

It looks like my mum before shes had her coffee :lol:

That is F%*N hilarious

---------- Post added 31-Dec-10 at 08:32 PM ----------

Na'ah my uncle said he got chased by a taipan when he wasn't even doing anything.

A dog took to this one.

IMGP3722.jpg

the photo? .... clever dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back