Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of ****er would want to see photo's of dead, mangled reptiles, these are the creatures we love, I can't believe the number of people who have posted pics and commented on this, poor things. I know the reality is it happens all too often, but I am sure we don't need photos posted of bloody, crushed, and torn to pieces reptiles just for a laugh..

Why doesn't someone start a new thread, photo's of Australian Soldiers who have been blown up, shot, limbs missing, blood everywhere..It's the same thing...

Whoa, hit a spot there...
For a laugh? Do you think people are LAUGHING at this thread? This isn't a nice thread I'll admit, but it is bringing home the harsh reality of just how many reptiles are killed on our roads. It's no different to the animal rescue programs on TV. If you don't like the thread, don't view it.

I personally believe that this is a good thread, you can tell someone how many reptiles are killed on the roads, either by reptile haters or by accident, but showing the evidence always hits harder. We have signs that warn for Roos, Koalas and even ducks, but I have not seen one sign warning of any reptiles possibly being on the road.

I've just been through the first page....this thread is soo terribly sad.
Although on a lighter note about 10 years ago travelling to Sydney on the hume I got my kids to look out the window and count all the road kill as we drove along...we counted 75 dead animals on the road just on the first leg Melbourne to Sydney.........Having seen these pics Im glad I didnt get out of the car to look.

Elizabeth

What type of ****er would want to see photo's of dead, mangled reptiles, these are the creatures we love, I can't believe the number of people who have posted pics and commented on this, poor things. I know the reality is it happens all too often, but I am sure we don't need photos posted of bloody, crushed, and torn to pieces reptiles just for a laugh..

Why doesn't someone start a new thread, photo's of Australian Soldiers who have been blown up, shot, limbs missing, blood everywhere..It's the same thing...

Are you seriously comparing our soldiers to roadkill? Get back in your box.

Haha, the only thing in here that people are getting a laugh from is people making comments like the one you just made. Dead australian soldiers are the same as a dead snake? Interesting views you have...

Last edited:
Barry,

While I can understand your point, the fact remains that DOR wildlife provide plenty of information to the right person, wild diets, DNA collection, clutch/litter sizes, time of year active, time of year with regards to reproductive status etc. Photographs while they can be graphic can serve as a message to other people to slow down on the roads and in addition provide locality and habitat data. As this forum is means of disseminating information about reptiles it certainly does belong here, but could be construed as being morbid and even bordering disturbing.

To others,

As for the comments at Barry......he is not an armchair herper, he is both learning and enthusiastic two qualities we should embrace as opposed to shun.

Cheers,
Scott

I started this thread knowing alot of people would not agree with or understand the contents
but i dont want to turn it into a thread of usless name calling
if ozzieimages doesnt agree with the thread thats fine its his opinion and he is entitled to his opinion but lets not get too carried away with attacking his point of veiw, or ours for that matter, if you dont like what you see just dont look at it, its that simple!

Last edited:
People have extended ranges of animals from road kill, found species that were thought to be extint.

We found a glebopalma, and we were as excited by finding a dead one as we were a live one... you know how hard they are to find. All these people who are against this thread go look at pretty little mice that you keep in the freezer to feed your animals.

No mate. I dont think you have any idea how offensive what you just said is to someone like me. How dare you compare us to animals, how dare you reduce the sacrifices we make, the sacrifices our familes and friends make, to dead animals one the road. As hinchy would say, shame shame shame

---------- Post added 03-Jan-11 at 06:45 PM ----------

Also, the thread is VERY clearly named, if you dont like it, dont look at it

I started this thread knowing alot of people would not agree with or understand the contents
but i dont want to turn it into a thread of usless name calling
if ozzieimages doesnt agree with the thread thats fine its his opinion and he is entitled to his opinion but lets not get too carried away with attacking his point of veiw, or ours for that matter, if you dont like what you see just dont look at it, its that simple!

agreed.. lets keep this thread on topic please people.. thank you

Last edited:
IMG_0860.jpg

Tree Snake, Cape Tribulation

It may be dead but still a very nice and exciting find! Sunshine Coast tiger snake.

Crappy phone quality pic..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back