Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yommy is that peat moss bedding there? and is it used when they are gravid?

Pizza lover it's sphagnum moss from bunnings. I buy it in blocks.
Its used for the nesting boxes. Which are broccoli styrofoam boxes with fake grass (bunnings/masters) base.
The sphagnum moss is placed on top of the fake grass (stops eggs sticking to surface).
Nest Box is introduced around day 20. That's what I do anyway...........

Just for you Lawra.

Attachments

• Female Woma 1.jpg
    Female Woma 1.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 118
What are the differences between the four smallest types of Womas?
I love Womas, they're beautiful, and im getting one, but im just getting to know what they're like so nothing bad happens. =)

When does a woma's growth start slowing down? I have a Tanami who's nearly 11mo and measuring approx 1.2m. He sheds fairly predictably every 4-5 weeks and averages 10cm growth a month.

With an expected length of 1.5m and my reading telling me that snakes never stop growing I'm wondering if he's going to get a bit bigger than average (and maybe secretly hoping too :) )

Yeah my tanami is almost 12months and around the 1m mark (it has being a while since I measure him). He was my first hatchy and I have being very suprised that he has grown, length wise, this quickly. He is still quite lean and fine. His head is still quit small.

My adult Uluru was 2.5 years when I got him, now almost 4 has shown some good growth. In that time he has grown over 30cm and almost doubled in weight. This width and head are MUCH larger and chunkier than my juvenile.

Strangely enough, my baby Ulurus seem to be growing slower than my tanami did.

My understanding is they grow in length very quickly to deter predators and then start to fill out.

I always hear "thump" in the middle of the night and now know exactly why - Steve thinks his vine is a hammock.

Who said womas don't climb? - YouTube

They climb trees in the wild looking for bearded dragons and other prey ,its on Mellissas woma blog,surprised me how versatile they are.

Pic of one of two that left their eggs today ,the rest are staying in the eggs for a while,

1388735_226169624210036_1932654501_n.jpg
Hi all! My frist post on this forum. I bought this girl from a shop here in Sweden. She is Born 2012. I really love this this Little woma and Im planning on buying a couple more womas as soon as I can, they are not to Common here in Sweden hehe. Can you se If this is a specifik locality or is it a hybrid between different localitys? Thanks for your help!

Tiger a lovely little woma you have there. They really are an awesome python to own. It will be a mixed locality but shows some nice dark banding. Most the overseas womas I have seen have a lighter golder look.

Thank you Redfox! As I suspected. I havent seen any locality womas here in Sweden yet but I keep my Eyes open. :)

It may be hard to find a locality specific woma over there as Australia prohibits the export of native species. That is a nice looking woma though, you must be pleased. Welcome to APS.

Just picked this lovely RHD girl up on the weekend... I'll get some better photos once she's settled in properly :)

PP.jpg20131113_142511.jpg20131113_141839.jpg20131113_121916.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back