Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just this pair now. I miss the Boodaries but I needed more time and space. Pythonmum has my hold back pair from last season.

The RHD is looking great now. You should have eggs soon. The Boodaries are growing at an incredible rate. In May the girl weighed 199g. Last week she weighed 836g! I think they will be ready to breed next winter. I only feed once a week - honest!

haha sure ;) They do grow like weeds! I want pics :)
Here you go - I interrupted their basking just for you. Different cage lighting accounts for the apparent differences in colour. The female is a bit more maroon in the stripes, with nice bright orange under the chin.
female
DSC04199.jpg

male
DSC04198.jpg

Lousy photo of the male. Tile is 25 cm square, for size comparison. He is coming up to a slough soon. Should go blue in the next week or two.

Wow they have really grown since may. Congrats they look great

Susan i can see why they were hold backs. Scored a super deal there from Jason.... that male is stunning, i'd have in my collection is a heart beat :) and the female isn't shabby either......

Should get some stunning babies from those 2 over the next few season..... we may even need to do some 'bloodline' swaps down the track, can't holdback them all :(

She did and they will throw some crackers!
You can keep them all if you only have one pair :)

Susan i can see why they were hold backs. Scored a super deal there from Jason.... that male is stunning, i'd have in my collection is a heart beat :) and the female isn't shabby either......

Should get some stunning babies from those 2 over the next few season..... we may even need to do some 'bloodline' swaps down the track, can't holdback them all :(
The male would particularly complement your yellow girl. We will have to see what happens next year and whether a couple of babies need to travel.:)

Top 3 pics are my male Tanami Woma (10 months) & the bottom 3 are my female Rockingham Downs Woma (8 months). The little male has started rubbing/pushing on his enclosure, as you can see in pic 1 he has done a little damage to his scales on his snout. Hoping this isn't going to cause any problems when shedding. Is there anything I could do to stop him from pushing & roughly how long should these marks clear up (how many sheds)? I think he is in hunting mode but I don't want to up his food cause he is a pretty good size already & I don't want to power feed him.

View attachment 220344

View attachment 220345

View attachment 220343
View attachment 220341

View attachment 220342

View attachment 220340

Attachments

• IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1665.JPG
    IMG_1665.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1638.JPG
    IMG_1638.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
This is Echo my 18 month old RHD.

Echo3.jpgvlcsnap-2011-10-03-01h06m40s39.png

And this is Creapy my little 18 month old RHD with her face full :)

Creapy.png

Patrick the Woma

killa snake

Attachments

• woma 003.jpg
    woma 003.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 49
  • woma 002.jpg
    woma 002.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 55
  • mobile 413.jpg
    mobile 413.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 50
  • woma 001.jpg
    woma 001.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 44
  • mobile 299.jpg
    mobile 299.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 59
Ok round two, Creapy is hard to get pics of when she isnt eating and I am a lousy with a camera but here she is trying to hug the night bulb while I am trying to put a new one in the other socket and some more of her stuffing her face.

IMAG0070[1].jpgIMAG0093[1].jpgvlcsnap-2011-10-03-01h10m05s40.pngvlcsnap-2011-10-03-01h11m10s174.png

Very nice animal there chrisy though it may pay to put a mesh cover over that bulb so she doesn't accidently get burnt (they aren't the smartest animals)
People think womas cant climb but they can and do they just aren't as co-ordinated as other species :)

Yellow girl has just clouded up and is coming into a pre-shed, love this time of year......

Here a pic of my red girl hanging out.

Attachments

• reptiles 001.jpg
    reptiles 001.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 119
RHD dropped a clutch this morning... I'm so sick of my snakes laying after only 2 weeks! This is the 4th clutch in a row to drop a good week or more early, keeps catching me unaware. I'll have to start anticipating eggs at 14-16 days from now on.

Jason - you are forgetting the golden rule - every clutch is welcome and celebrated! Your girls are just anxious to get on with their lives and leave the youngsters in your care:lol: just think of the fun to come when they all hatch and start eating and crapping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back