Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason - you are forgetting the golden rule - every clutch is welcome and celebrated! Your girls are just anxious to get on with their lives and leave the youngsters in your care:lol: just think of the fun to come when they all hatch and start eating and crapping!

:) :) :) +1

14-16 days is early though, all fertile???

yer all good. I don't know why I'm even surprised this time, it happens more often than not for me at the moment. they like tricking me.

yer all good. I don't know why I'm even surprised this time, it happens more often than not for me at the moment. they like tricking me.

I'm over the moon at this news :D I'm looking forward to getting a couple off you when they're ready ;)

That really nice male I got recently (Israel) has really calmed down, it turned out Izzy was really hungry that time he had a go at me. He's super-friendly...even when he's hungry but he just slowly latches on without warning. Talking about surprises, he surprised me last night, so calm and so gentle for about 3 minutes, and then, all of a sudden, he just wrapped his jaws around my thumb and wrapped himself around my fingers, and kept squeezing hard, each time he squeezed I could feel the contractions through his teeth.

I ended up waiting about 10 minutes before he would let go...when he let go it was more painful than when he latched on, I'm sporting a nice bite mark on my thumb, my workmates were asking me if I'd caught my thumb in something sharp and I told them what happened and they were in stitches :lol:

Womas, you can't live with 'em but you can't live without 'em ;)

Just put a deposit down on 2 Woma's this arvo, should pick them up in a couple of weeks. Never been so happy!! A great way to get back into herps.

Not good at all squinty.

A downside to a biological hobby, all your best intentions can turn to custard very quickly in this game :(

A few people i know with womas have had whole clutches of slugs too this season - touchwood - my girl has been progressing nicely.
Though this season though a reduced pairing season is panning out well so far

I'll have to let you know in 20+ days..........

Lousy luck Squinty. I hope they go better next year. Loving those stripes Yommy. My male should be shedding tonight. He looks terrible! Needs to empty his gut, too... May be time for a big clean tomorrow:?

Well, he finally shed and had a rather difficult time of it http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...tos-difficult-woma-slough-172066/#post2059519. Here's a photo of him in natural sunlight afterwards. He hasn't emptied himself yet - waiting until tonight, I'm sure.
DSC04227.jpg

really nice male there susan, god i love them boodaries :)

your boy and this girl would produce some nice eye patch less womas.

She's a few days in since the pre-shed and becoming nice and thick towards the tail end, poor thing looks uncomfortable :(

Attachments

• 151010 005.jpg
    151010 005.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 151010 006.jpg
    151010 006.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Too bad we don't live close enough for him to have a conjugal visit with your girl. :lol: I am sure he will be ready next year. He is well grown at 10 months and has a great temperament to boot.

Too bad we don't live close enough for him to have a conjugal visit with your girl. :lol: I am sure he will be ready next year. He is well grown at 10 months and has a great temperament to boot.

:) though i think my male would get jealous :) in a season or 2 you'll have some nice offspring.

problem is you'll want to hang onto them all..............

:) though i think my male would get jealous :) in a season or 2 you'll have some nice offspring.

problem is you'll want to hang onto them all..............
Can't hang onto them if I want to hang onto my husband! If I start keeping holdbacks, I have to move something out. Now I just have to convince my son to take his spotted to Uni with him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back