Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 233461"Angel", our first snake.
This is the best picture I could get, she wouldn't stay still. I'll try again soon. She is a Tanami Woma yearling and we have had her for 10 days. She seems to have settled very well. Very easy to handle, not jumpy. Had her first feed of 2 little fuzzy rats, she didn't strike so we left them in with her and she gave them a few prods then ate them both bum first!
I think she may be a bit underweight, she seems skinny for her length (approx 50cm) I have not weighed her yet though. She also seems a bit loose skinned and had shed the day before we got her so not due for a while. Anyone got any advise to feed her up? is it ok to feed her more often than weekly, as long as she has pooped?

Cheers!

I think you'll be surprised how quickly she'll put on weight and size, especially if you're feeding 2 fuzzies at a time. I wouldn't think you'd need to feed more than once a week. Although this is just my personal (rather limited) experience, doe anyone else have any other thoughts?
Lovely snake, by the way.

I don't feed any of mine more than once a week and now they are older I am in the process of reducing them to once a fortnight. Mine went from your size to about a metre in one year, in fact probably over a metre, haven't measured them for a while. Plus, I was only feeding one fuzzy at a time at that size, so I wouldn't worry too much about her size.

Couple of crappy iPhone pics.

60aa8804.jpg

96604012.jpg

2017a6fc.jpg

Thank you kaotikjezta and blackstik. That puts me more at ease :)
I have weighed and measured her today. She is longer than I thought at 69cm and weighs 118g. She is due for a feed tomorrow and I'll continue with 2 fuzzies weekly for now unless anyone can tell me if her weight is low for her length?

My little guy is 89 cm and around 200gm so youd be around the mark, having just had his first birthday (hatchday??!) on the 4th on Jan. They are a pretty slender snake as well so don't be too worried.

Nice snakes everyone. Here is my boodarie pair, you may remember this pair Jason, unsucessful last season i think she may of been a little young but fingers crossed for this year. Father over daughter should produce some crakers

Attachments

• 2012-01-13 15.44.38.jpg
    2012-01-13 15.44.38.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 2012-01-13 15.44.54.jpg
    2012-01-13 15.44.54.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 85
Nice snakes everyone. Here is my boodarie pair, you may remember this pair Jason, unsucessful last season i think she may of been a little young but fingers crossed for this year. Father over daughter should produce some crakers

Yer mate, the stripes. You can do better than that pic! those don't do them justice at all. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of them.

Ha.ha yeah i no just a quick phone shot between cleans when my wife comes home with my camera i'll take a better one for you. lol

SA Womas

Here is an update of my holdback SA female from last year, I have been trying to produce a very busy pattern & I think this one is the best yet............
SAF2011clutch1.jpg

SAF2011clutch2.jpg

Wow almost like a granite morph.
Looks cool!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

This is my Tanami, Jake!!! He's a yearling. Has him since he was about 6 weeks old. XD He's gorgeous, amusing, personable, inquisitive - all the reasons I went for the Woma. Couldn't recommend a better snake! I'm still waiting for him to go Mr Hyde on me at feed-time but it hasn't happened yet! Plenty of growing to do though....:p

P1150430-2.jpg

P1150426.jpg

my new woma that i got two days ago. she is 2 years old and is a tanami local.

Attachments

• P1151133 - Copy.jpg
    P1151133 - Copy.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 71
  • P1151125.jpg
    P1151125.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back