Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute crackers there womaspotted i like them offspring alot :)

Here is the Rabbit Flats all out of the eggs looking forward to a few sheds from these to see them colour up.

Attachments

• 27 Dec 12 a 001.jpg
    27 Dec 12 a 001.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 27 Dec 12 a 002.jpg
    27 Dec 12 a 002.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Where is rabbit flats? are they a type of tanami woma? Any pics of the parents, or have I missed them?

Also Geckojosh, I'm dying to see more pics of your RHD's, and the ones that hatched out after you took those two pics ;) I keep checking your photobucket acct multiple times daily hoping for updates lol!

Kitah.

Rabbit Flat is a town on the NT / WA border area. It would be the tip of a triangle if Alicesprings and Tennant Creek was the base line.
Google will give you the exact location.

The parents to this clutch are on pg 121 post #1813. The Rabbit Flat locale group include my RP woma's. It consists of a group of 6 siblings.
2 fully reduced, a really light female and 3 what i would call normal looking womas. It is the foundation of my 17woma's line as i was fortuneate to be offered this group to prove out by Baden (solar17) it is yet to be proven - the RP side of the house).

I was overseas this season when introduction were made and all males went over the girl.
Next season is specific pairings to see if the RP side of the house is genetic. I will only be doing RP to RP and the RP male to the light yellow girl.
And the normal to normal.

Thanks for that, and nice animals! I know very little about woma's- so far, hence the questions :)

Thanks for that, and nice animals! I know very little about woma's- so far, hence the questions :)

I run by the principle any woma is a good woma.
There are some really nice locales available now from the NT, WA & SA. What ever flavour you like........

Every collection should have at least 1 woma in it.
But thats the problem, with so much personality and spunk you cant stop at 1.

You've got to get some ;)

I was looking at Geckojosh's RHD's :) hence why I'm so keen for more pics of his bubs. I tend to like the womas with the lighter colouring, reddish stripes and a light creamy yellow base colour... and nice banding :) I like some Tanami womas as well. Not too keen on SA's personally.. The Boodaries you are so fond of have nice bands, but they seem to be darker generally?

You get a bit of variation with the boodaries, just look at my yellow and red girl but they start dark and lighten.
RHD are a nice locale. I'm excited to see how these Rabbit Flat locality colours up.

They seem lighter and thinner banded so a few sheds should tell :)
Here one thats caught my eye so far.

Attachments

• RFW3.jpg
    RFW3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 91
Jesus yommy I noticed your post count is 3025. 3024 would be about Womas wouldn't they? lol

Probably be pretty close there Dave... lol
just trying to keep up with the "show us your Antaresia thread"

You wouldn't guess there my favourite species :)

Have you hatched out any stunners this season?
All the best for 2013.

Last edited:
I actually haven't bred Womas for the last 2 seasons. Over here its a bit hard to get rid of the progeny due to the low numbers of cat 4 holders. Its still a very poor excuse I know, as I have some very nice Womas that should really be bred anyhow.
Cheers Dave

I am quite interested in getting a woma though thats for sure.. their err.. perculiar little quirks sound intriguing to me, I love animals with their own quirks and that are a bit different :)

Rekon I'll be able to stop at one? I said that at the start of the year when I got my first ever snake - a windorah stimmy... I already have 5 snakes now, 3 windorah yearlings and two proserpine coastal yearlings. lol... I am moving soon so am planning on a dedicated herp room, and I'll build all my enclosures myself.. and I work at two good places for me to obtain.. err.. cheap supplies ;)

w7.jpg

m8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back