Show us Your Ants! The Antaresia Appreciation Thread!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn’t been around here much since my earlier days of python keeping; I joined in 2009. Coming back when my last python put to sleep had me seeing how sadly quiet it is around here. It’s a shame since this had been a great place for people to come and ask questions and show off their collection.

I joined pretty early, 28th of June 2004. It wasn't the first online reptile group I'd found or even the first Australian one, but it had a nice community at the time. Wow, the best part of 20 years now... it has gone through a few iterations, some better than others. For a while it almost held a monopoly on the Australian online reptile discussion scene. It has changed hands and management styles... quite an adventure really. Funny that it when it was at its peak we all thought it was terrible, and it ended up being replaced by far far worse Facebook groups.

One mistake most of the forums have been making over the last 5-10 years is seeing that Facebook is more popular, so trying to copy Facebook and be more like it. You'll never beat Facebook at being like Facebook, and Facebook is garbage so you don't want to be like it anyway. Forums should try to be like brilliant forums so that people have a reason to come to them, rather than making them think 'this is like Facebook so I might as well just go to Facebook'.
I never tried to be like fakebook, my forum was about truth and facts. I don't like fakebook, even my profile is fake, I don't give a sh1t what you had for lunch

A couple of updated pictures of the funky pair of 'Chimeras' (probably actually mosaics but the name chimera seems to have caught on), and three cute albino Macs.

Attachments

• Albino mac group.jpg
    Albino mac group.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Chimera Pair.jpg
    Chimera Pair.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Frankenstein.jpg
    Frankenstein.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Yellow vivid boy.jpg
    Yellow vivid boy.jpg