show us your coastal carpets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedragon

Reaction score
show me your baby or adult coastal carpet pythons and setups these are my favorite pythons cheers guys;)

f7a2ad73d5c40e0714da916597bb5b2e.jpg

My currently locked striped pair

9038c4be82353ec3cbac6f45bd7ab8da.jpg

Tristripe 18mth old female

04b25439a4f253a1ba859040641d5985.jpg

One of this seasons hatchlings

eacafff08716471cc49b0e987b7b40ae.jpg

One of this seasons caramel holdbacks

fb234774195eb49d5082faebb4151368.jpg

Eggs from 4 yrs ago

69d21dcc2fe380d2ef9cef0a2793b42f.jpg

Gravid girl about to lay eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just got him
Out for weighing (excuse the mess on floor :( )

I think I might have to bump him up although messed scales aren't really helping

@kittycat17 what weight would u be expect a 6year old coastal at (scales are saying 900g but I know that's not true, I think ._. )

Just got him
Out for weighing (excuse the mess on floor :( )

I think I might have to bump him up although messed scales aren't really helping

@kittycat17 what weight would u be expect a 6year old coastal at (scales are saying 900g but I know that's not true, I think ._. )

Very dependant on how it's been feed over the years and gender
My 4 yr old male is healthy and 3kgs (he's 7ft long), I prefer males lean but 900 gms is very lean :(

Very dependant on how it's been feed over the years and gender
My 4 yr old male is healthy and 3kgs (he's 7ft long), I prefer males lean but 900 gms is very lean :(

That's what I thought.. I went around looking for things that were 900g and they felt wayyy lighter I'd say he would be about 2 1/2 kgs
Time to get new scales :D
Time for a nice fat meal aswell I guess

very beutiful kittykat are those pin stripe coastals nice pythons guys

this is mine beatuy her name is sam
P1000562.JPG P1000563.JPG P1000564.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone help, my dad got a costal carpet python a while ago. My mum and I have been looking after it. An it has gone off its food. It's been about a month since it last ate. Unknown age unknown gender. As my dad got it on an impulse and it was a give away. HELP!! PLEASE!!!

Can anyone help, my dad got a costal carpet python a while ago. My mum and I have been looking after it. An it has gone off its food. It's been about a month since it last ate. Unknown age unknown gender. As my dad got it on an impulse and it was a give away. HELP!! PLEASE!!!
Hi, is your snake old or young? Can u please give pictures?
is his hot spot sitting between 30-34?
Are you feeding him warm food and not just thawed? (This can be done by putting rat in a bag and putting in warm water) food that's just been thawed tends to still be cold and not wanted by snakes in my experience

Pics would help plus more detail about his setup :)
Thanks

Snapchat-1760405364.jpg
Hi, is your snake old or young? Can u please give pictures?
is his hot spot sitting between 30-34?
Are you feeding him warm food and not just thawed? (This can be done by putting rat in a bag and putting in warm water) food that's just been thawed tends to still be cold and not wanted by snakes in my experience

Pics would help plus more detail about his setup :)
Thanks

This is his set up, he has trashed it again. The hot end is currently sitting at 35. And the cool end is at 26. Yes I warm his rats before feeding an he still refuses to eat. Ive tried different colors also. He also coils around his eat lamp cage. And strikes at the glass with quite some force.

View attachment 321220

This is his set up, he has trashed it again. The hot end is currently sitting at 35. And the cool end is at 26. Yes I warm his rats before feeding an he still refuses to eat. Ive tried different colors also. He also coils around his eat lamp cage. And strikes at the glass with quite some force.

I'm not sure on age the guy my dad got him off said hes about 3

How are you measuring the temperature? If it is coiling around the light cage, it is an indication it is not warm enough in the tank. Being a glass tank, you will lose a lot of heat. You can try and prevent this by hanging or taping a towel across the back, or a better option is to get hold of some flat polystyrene and tape it to the outside of the tank (back and sides). You can pick this up from most electrical stores like Betta Electrical, or Harvey Norman.
If your snake is not warm enough, it won't eat.

Instead of polystyrene you can use yoga mats, they are cheap and they look a lot better than ugly polystyrene.
Also I noticed your light doesn't have a full cage. If the snake can access the outside top of the bulb it may result in serious burns. I would get a full cage and mount it to the piece of timber covering the top of the tank.

I use two thermometers at either end of the tank to measure temp. The tank is not permanent. I am in the process of building a knew one. As my father bought the snake and the tank on an impulse and was bot prepared. I've been learing as I go trying to give the snake the best care possible. But with a new born I don't get alot of time. An my dad won't pay the snak any attention. He was eating fine till 4 weeks ago when he suddenly stoped. He has used the toilet 4 times since he was last feed could this mean a blockage in his digestive tract??

An adult python can go 6 months without a feed. As long as yours is still looking healthy, I wouldn't be too concerned. You do need to address the temperature issue though.
If you are going to re-house it, avoid glass. A timber or melamine enclosure will retain heat better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back