Show us your Diamond Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is mine......

Doing what he does best, opening his mouth in my direction!
DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

how big do diamonds get full size and what are there general temperments like generally placid or a more flighty snake?

id say 7-8 foot on average, but have seen pics where people say theirs is 3m.
temperament varies, my boy is so sweet, my girl a complete bitch!

Some very nice diamonds in here.
I know I've posted these in another thread but I might be able to get more responses regarding the situation.
Has anyone seen anything like this in their diamonds? where the yellow tipping is replaces with a "clear" or "transparent" looking scale?
If you have, can you post up some close up shots of the scales in question? or pm me for me email address.

5545836308_d2229b8c35.jpg

5545836492_9aaaefaec6.jpg

5545836570_cc2a24b863.jpg

I've seen something similar, whereby patches of white scales appear to create a black and white looking mosaic. 'Cement' posted pics of a profoundly affected specimen last year I think.

Wow such amazing beauties in this thread! I hear diamonds have quite the long list of care requirements though, I'd love to find a good book or some care sheets on various morelia.

Here's my girl. Love her to bits.

IMG_3111.jpg

She's a beauty Rob.

Wow such amazing beauties in this thread! I hear diamonds have quite the long list of care requirements though, I'd love to find a good book or some care sheets on various morelia.
Diamonds are not a difficult species to keep in my experience. If you live in their natural range and keep them outside in aviaries and set them up properly, they are actually easy to keep.

Some very nice diamonds in here.
I know I've posted these in another thread but I might be able to get more responses regarding the situation.
Has anyone seen anything like this in their diamonds? where the yellow tipping is replaces with a "clear" or "transparent" looking scale?
If you have, can you post up some close up shots of the scales in question? or pm me for me email address.
Can you please explain what you mean by yellow tipping? And how can you tell that they have transparent scales?

Can you please explain what you mean by yellow tipping? And how can you tell that they have transparent scales?
Yellow tipping is the term sometimes used to describe the yellow spot of colour in the centre of most dorsal body scales.

Last edited:
She's a beauty Rob.

Diamonds are not a difficult species to keep in my experience. If you live in their natural range and keep them outside in aviaries and set them up properly, they are actually easy to keep.

The challenge is for people like me who live outside their range and so have to keep them indoors... :(

Thought we might have seen some more pics by now... :(

As good a place as any to ask and not really worth a thread in its own right... What size enclosure would a full grown Diamond need if being kept indoors?

Nice little guys.

If you paste the Img Code into your posts the images appear as part of the thread instead of as links.

Show us your Diamonds

sypuqama.jpg

vudyju6a.jpg

This is our beautiful girl, 'princess'. Named by my 3 year old daughter. She is 4 years old and just a touch under 7ft.
Only picked her up a few days ago from the Newcastle reptile expo. She is a dream to handle, my 6 year old son loves to hold her. Even my partner who wasn't overly keen on bigger snakes loves her. That's her holding her in the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back