show us your exotic birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 eclectus parrots (2 f, 1 m), a major mitchell, a quaker, a jenday conure, a cinnamon green cheek conure, a princess parrot, a lutino ringneck, 2 lorikeets.....and 5 budgies. All besides the budgies are handraised (mostly by myself) and are all my babies. Love each and everyone of them....all different and all fantastic pets :)

Wow that must be a handful, alot of mouths to feed and alot of noise id imagine lol
Could u please tell me how ur major mitchells is to keep, everywhere ive read say that they dont make good pets and will become aggressive as they mature?
I was also told by the breeder that they dont eat fruits at all, does urs eat fruit?

Oh and please post some pics of all ur lovely birdys :)

My old Falconry days back in the UK.......jeeeeez i had some hair back then too....
lol.gif

8371992440_f19ae7e843_z.jpg
8371992818_28bb76a8b2_z.jpg

Sorry Albino93....I just saw your reply.....My major mitchell is fantastic, she is a gorgeous, loving girl. I handreared her and her 2 brothers from the nest, but I doubt that has anything to do with the bond we have. She is my friend.....a lovely bird, I don't see any aggression. They nip yes, but they are a very busy bird who chew a lot....so it's not in aggression. She eats lots of fruit and vegies, always has done and always will I hope. My lot get fruit and veg everyday along with sprouts and multigrain bread.....they are all spoilt but I wouldn't have it any other way :) Will post some pics soon. Thanks :)

Sorry Albino93....I just saw your reply.....My major mitchell is fantastic, she is a gorgeous, loving girl. I handreared her and her 2 brothers from the nest, but I doubt that has anything to do with the bond we have. She is my friend.....a lovely bird, I don't see any aggression. They nip yes, but they are a very busy bird who chew a lot....so it's not in aggression. She eats lots of fruit and vegies, always has done and always will I hope. My lot get fruit and veg everyday along with sprouts and multigrain bread.....they are all spoilt but I wouldn't have it any other way :) Will post some pics soon. Thanks :)

Alrighty, ill try mine on some fruits and veges when he comes on thursday and see how he goes. Apparently he loves scratches on the head and kisses :)....gosh its gonna feel like forever until thursday :/ lol.

- - - Updated - - -

My old Falconry days back in the UK.......jeeeeez i had some hair back then too....
lol.gif

U know how to make a person jealous lol.

Alrighty, ill try mine on some fruits and veges when he comes on thursday and see how he goes. Apparently he loves scratches on the head and kisses :)....gosh its gonna feel like forever until thursday :/ lol.

- - - Updated - - -

U know how to make a person jealous lol.

i keep snakes cause ya useless government wont let me fly birds of prey....im still trying to figure out y???

Hahaha yes our useless government. Can't complain though. Australia has the best snakes... Better than UK... well the natives anyway haha.

[who bred this stunner? Beauti***!QUOTE=cathy1986;2298102]My violet irn
a3ehasam.jpg

Cathy
[/QUOTE]

i got it off someone on gum tree like 2 years ago for 150$ i got it cheaper because i finished hand raising it they thought it was going to be a plain blue one thy were wrong i ended up with one sexy violet irn hen :)

Cathy

Can't resist posting more pics :D for those who know his name as Aussie, i have changed his name to Tazzie, (it sounds better ;))
I have now found out that he really enjoys his showers (squirted him with a water bottle) lol

DSCF2623.jpgDSCF2622.jpgDSCF2625.jpg

Sure thing jakedasnake,

He's currently trying to chew my keyboard apart :rolleyes: as with everything else lol
He is a big sook now, always wants attention, thankfully he's not to loud like i thought he'd be. He only lets a few people touch him, anyone else that he's not used to or just doesn't like will feel the power of his beak (and it hurts). Ive taught him target training, and wave (he does these really well) the next trick i was thinking maybe recall or turn around on cue.

Heres the best pic i have at the moment :)

DSCF2661.jpg

haaave you met Ted ?

Attachments

• 20130101_191036.jpg
    20130101_191036.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 20130101_190803.jpg
    20130101_190803.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20130101_190922.jpg
    20130101_190922.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 89
Albino, that is a lovely majors! How old is he? So lovely!

New ones of my lad

Tail preen after a shower
matchingup1crop_zpsc0eda1ea.jpg

Inflight_zps5fdf5e12.jpg

Hey vamps first of all they are amazing photo's :D, and thanks he was born/hatched on the 3rd of october 2012 so that would make him 4 months old. I actually got him from the same place u got harvey, Barry is great to deal with :)

Glad you liked Barry! He certainly raised me a fantastic boy! couldn't be a more gentle bird!
I considered a majors from him a while back, and your photos show lovely quality! I also love that he doesn't clip them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back