show us your exotic birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going too start a Native Birds thread, but felt it wouldn't be well received lol,
so here's my Native boy...Sorry he's not exotic!

From today:

harvey1.jpg

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

Haha vamps, I thought he had a microphone in the first picture lol! Not like he'd need it.

I couldn't resist posting a picture of my crow, especially as he has the same name as the thread starter..

One of the most amazing bird species to keep if you ooze with time and patience.

View attachment 239515

definitively does not need one haha

a crow would be amazing, even wild ones used too people are lovely and interactive guys.
I remember reading about your situation with him in another thread, what a lovely bond!

The big guys really are good fun :) I cant handle the noise the Hahns make - you're stronger than me!!

I agree, Hahn's make twice the noise of any large macaw - very unpleasant when they let rip. Wait until he matures a bit more.

your black too is beautiful,does he not get up to mischief in the kitchen, my ecky likes nothing more then tossing things off the counter.

My dream is a Hyacinth... a huge dream. Just to see one one day would be huge. I have a quaker and a Green cheek but my babies are my natives, my rosella's. will post some new pics when I get to take some

thats my husband's dream too wont come true unless we win lotto ,they are super scarce here in Australia and any available come with a huge price tag.

your black too is beautiful,does he not get up to mischief in the kitchen, my ecky likes nothing more then tossing things off the counter.

aw thank you! I just wish I had a nice camera too get good photos of him!

He sure does...Loves too throw the beaters from the cake mixing bowl if you're not watching! and he's chewed holes in that shelf. Gotta love 'em though haha

My Dad just bought himself an ecky, and she is mischievous too...just quieter about it than my cocky!

Last edited:
they are great chewers how old is your boy , my ecky will clean the counters for me literally , he tosses everything off them, and he is an expert at getting lids off containers and helping himself to food.

My dream is a Hyacinth... a huge dream. Just to see one one day would be huge. I have a quaker and a Green cheek but my babies are my natives, my rosella's. will post some new pics when I get to take some
If you're ever down on the Gold Coast you can check out the Hyacinth at Ashmore Palms Caravan Park :D

again, obviously not "exotic"
but some pics from today, enjoying a shower

116_3699.jpg

116_3697.jpg

my favourite from today hahahaha

116_3708.jpg

He's molting and so loving the extra showers

older pic

182136_249760691790455_100002695795146_349061_1575030984_n.jpg

out of curiousity (or I understand if you don't wanna say),
how'd you end up with the bleeding heart, aren't they just in breeding programs, or are they available rarely for the right price if you luck out? or am I totally misguided? I admit to being pretty un-educated in the softbill world!

cute finches

A lady sold them to me she was moving back to new zeland, I went there to get some mandarin ducks but they where
sold so I got them insead I couldn't go home with nothing lol. :D

I love your cockatoo it's a stuner, looks like it's having fun in the water.

DSCF1425.jpg

Diamond doves.

DSCF1428.jpg

Gouldian finch

Last edited:
Thank you, he's a real water rat...would let you spray him down forever.

Well you lucked out, they're stunning and I'm a bit envious hahaha

Diamond doves are so adorable, so tiny!

I was going too start a Native Birds thread, but felt it wouldn't be well received lol,
so here's my Native boy...Sorry he's not exotic!

From today:

harvey1.jpg

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

wow he is so cute.
was just wondering what breeder u got him off?, ive been looking for a red tailed black cockatoo breeder but cant find any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back