Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My little ones new setup, i've had him/her in a tub rack but it's gotten a little bit bigger now so felt comfortable moving her into this. Crappy photo, it looks much nicer in person!

It's one of those square melamine box units purchased from Bunnings, customised with rear vents, sealed joins and a 6mm polycarbonate front. The bottom section is fixed, and the top section lifts up and down. A heatpad is attached to the left wall for a horizontal gradient.

6c3o.jpg

pllw.jpg

My little ones new setup, i've had him/her in a tub rack but it's gotten a little bit bigger now so felt comfortable moving her into this. Crappy photo, it looks much nicer in person!

It's one of those square melamine box units purchased from Bunnings, customised with rear vents, sealed joins and a 6mm polycarbonate front. The bottom section is fixed, and the top section lifts up and down. A heatpad is attached to the left wall for a horizontal gradient.

6c3o.jpg

pllw.jpg
Hi Vixen, love the enclosure and the GTP. May I ask is that sphagnum moss as the substrate or am i seeing things???

Yeah it's moss, changing it over to some coco husk next week, wanted something to hold a bit of moisture.

Yeah it's moss, changing it over to some coco husk next week, wanted something to hold a bit of moisture.

Lovely animal. Can I ask why you're switching to the coco husk?

Just for ease of cleaning and looks really, I find the moss gets very dry and flaky after a while, even if misted. So just going to put in a 3cm layer of cocohusk substrate which will blend in more with the dark colours too and make the snake stand out more.

Just for ease of cleaning and looks really, I find the moss gets very dry and flaky after a while, even if misted. So just going to put in a 3cm layer of cocohusk substrate which will blend in more with the dark colours too and make the snake stand out more.

Thanks Vixen. I'm trying to decide which of the two I prefer aesthetically, I've never used coco husk before.

Just a word of advice for those of you who keep your greens on lose substrate. I'd put a paper plate under the snake when you go to feed it. I've had one dip the head of the mouse in coco fiber. It was a pain trying to spray the substrate off the mouse without it releasing. Now I only use paper towels. To keep the humidity up I dump a little water on the cage floor. Not to much so it stays wet all day, just enough to last the day.

Regards, Patrick

006 - Copy.jpg 017.jpg 001 - Copy.jpg
the green guy is getting more blue slowly. red one is turning yellow, and the yellow guy is getting white spots.

Last edited:
show us your greens

A little red on its perch.

that's a nice baby Zulu! what did the adults look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back