Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That explains the tubby look. It didn't occur to me that it had recently eaten, as I never handle mine when they've got a bellyful.
How long have you had it for? I'm surprised that Michael let that one go, as it has such a good dorsal stripe. You've done well.

I let them all go! Actually, I am down to the last two 2010 juvs.
It was a yellow hatchling when bkevo got it - like a lottery.

A new clutch hatching today:

i-58xTQNb-M.jpg

Well done michael i still have a bit of a wait for mine to start hatching.

thats cool :) am hanging for you to send mine down (dam authorites taking their sweet time )

thats cool :) am hanging for you to send mine down (dam authorites taking their sweet time )

They sloughed, looking nice and shiny now. lol

Actually, I don't need NSW's Import Permit number. I can send snakes to NSW just on Movement Advice and your licence number. I would give me great pleasure to ignore the bloody NSW bureaucrats.

They sloughed, looking nice and shiny now. lol

Actually, I don't need NSW's Import Permit number. I can send snakes to NSW just on Movement Advice and your licence number. I would give me great pleasure to ignore the bloody NSW bureaucrats.
cool i have pm'ed you the details :)

Those 2 Sarongs of Badens from a few pages back would have to be nearly perfect examples of that locale
Beautiful slitherers

Micheal
Your greens look just our Meraukes when they hatch

Love the Green Trees,. they are definitely my favorite pythons.
So many great pics!

Few of my natives :)

2 157.jpgIMGP1804.jpgIMGP4547.jpgIMGP7235.jpgIMGP7366.jpg

The last hatchling in this clutch had its head out for 3 days, so I thought it was time to investigate. This is what I pulled out of the egg. He had a short life.

i-WvCfS4t-M.jpg

I believe in sharing the good and the bad.

Just wasnt ready to leave the sleeping bag:shock:

I let them all go! Actually, I am down to the last two 2010 juvs.
It was a yellow hatchling when bkevo got it - like a lottery.

A new clutch hatching today:

i-58xTQNb-M.jpg

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't hold any back this year as most breeders do. I suppose that you've got enough choice holdbacks from previous years to develop the vertebral stripe with by now. It's good to see such good striping in CB natives being produced.

By the way, congratulations on yet another successful clutch.

Last edited:
I am starting to be a pessimist about the stripe. I had vary blend parents producing good stripped offspring and I had well stripped adults producing poorly striped offspring. It's like a lottery.

That's interesting...so this suggests that it's not a purely inheritable trait. At least it's not always expressed in phenotype. The puzzling thing is that you probably keep all your animals in near identical conditions...??
...or do some gravid females have exposure to more UV than others?
Perhaps I'm taking this thread off on a tangeant...

Last edited:
No, all the same. I am yet to start a proper selective breeding, I have got some terrific 3 year-old males, so next season will be interesting.

Hmm...it's yet another one of the many mysteries surrounding this fascinating species!
I look forward to seeing the results of your selective breeding projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back