Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FemaleGreen18-10-2011.jpg

FemaleGreen18-10-2011-2.jpg

A couple of new Aussies thanks to Michael ( Waterrat )
AussieGreens18-10-2011.jpg

AussieGreens18-10-2011-8.jpg

AussieGreens18-10-2011-7.jpg

AussieGreens18-10-2011-5.jpg

AussieGreens18-10-2011-2.jpg

AussieGreens18-10-2011-3.jpg

SNKMST's Male
SNKMSTsGreen18-10-2011.jpg

SNKMSTsGreen18-10-2011-3.jpg

SNKMSTsGreen18-10-2011-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Brett. you should have taken some close-ups while you were at it.. LOL "Great pics"
.....solar 17 (Baden)

It's great to see you getting into Aussie natives Brett. They're beautiful specimens you have there.
They look like they're about to change colour very soon. How old are they now?
I notice that the white vertebral spots have come through, the extent of which will give you an indication of how well striped they're going to be. Have you got any pics of the whole back that you can post up?

Last edited:
It's great to see you getting into Aussie natives Brett. They're beautiful specimens you have there.
They look like they're about to change colour very soon. How old are they now?
I notice that the white vertebral spots have come through, the extent of which will give you an indication of how well striped they're going to be. Have you got any pics of the whole back that you can post up?

I agree they are little stunners , cant wait to see what they turn out like , they are from 2010 season but as for exact age I have no idea to be honest but I am sure Michael will answer if he sees this ...

I will see if I can get a full body shot next time I have the camera out ( which wont be long )

Brett, I sent the certificates and husbandry charts to you by mail last week, you should receive it any day now.

cheers
M

Thanks mate. Michael has some of the best GTP's in the country, so you've chosen well. I admit that I'm biased in this regard though, as I really only like Aussie natives. 8)

Last edited:
Brett, I sent the certificates and husbandry charts to you by mail last week, you should receive it any day now.

cheers
M

Cheers for that , will have to walk up and check the PO box then ... ( Might post Sam's cards too , sorry Sam ;) )

Thanks mate. Michael has some of the best GTP's in the country, so you've chosen well. I admit that I'm biased in this regard though, as I really only like Aussie natives. 8)

Thank you Bushman, the truth is, they are getting better each year. I am thrilled with this season's's crop, most of them had 2 feeds and I am going to spend time later today with the remaining 4 that need to be taught how to eat. lol The "jumbos" are going onto fuzzies next week.

You're welcome Michael. It's great to hear that each successive generation is getting better and better.
Do you think that this improvement is due to selecting the best of the best to breed from, or that multi-generation C.B are inevitably going to be better and more suitable captives (so long as they come from essentially good and preferably unrelated stock)?

I am not a great believer in the importance of unrelated stock but I don't inbreed as a rule. I have changed my incubation regime and that may have something to do with it.

Thanks for your opinion on this Michael. It's pretty well documented that snakes have a relatively high tolerance to inbreeding; however like you I make it a rule not to breed related stock.
I reckon that unrelated pairings from the same locality is the ideal, for maximum vigour and integrity.
It's an interesting notion that incubation regime might have something to do with more robust hatchlings. It makes sense I suppose, as I know someone that swears that maternal incubation produces the strongest hatchlings. The closer that we can get our incubation regime to that of Mother Nature, the more vigorous the offspring will be.

Last edited:
An update on my little greens. They are 13 months old now and powering along.

GTP 1 -

DSC_3855.jpg

DSC_3853.jpg

GTP 2 -

DSC_3847.jpg

GTP 3 -

DSC_3839.jpg

Jay they are beautiful! Do you have a favourite? :p

I've got another little one arriving tomorrow... I'm so excited (and nervous!)

Jay they are beautiful! Do you have a favourite? :p

I've got another little one arriving tomorrow... I'm so excited (and nervous!)

I know you're not supposed to have favourites, but the last one is my favourite. One of her parents was high yellow, so i am hoping she will retain lots of yelow. She was the first to start her colour change, and to date as you can see still has lots of yellow! Fingers crossed!!!

How long has she been changing for?

It's impossible not to have favourites! :)

She was changing colour when i got her at 6 months old, she is now 13 months :)

Sounds promising! I'd be inclined to think she'd keep most of that yellow now... (Hopefully!)

What's the background to the other two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back