Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definetly came out sounding wrong. I was not degrading your animal in any way, shape or form. By standard I meant that it doesn't possess the black or white vertebral scalation, or blue stripes etc.Though the remaining yellow on the head and scattered scalation is very nice.

Hah sorry about that, the more I read it, the more like an idiot I feel!

Here's another pic! I was fooling around with my wireless shutter release last night. I'll tell you what, best $20 purchase I've made for months!!!!!

IMG_08961.jpg

Great pic kurto, very nice looking animal.

Here's another pic! I was fooling around with my wireless shutter release last night. I'll tell you what, best $20 purchase I've made for months!!!!!

IMG_08961.jpg

yeah mate its amazimg how much movement hitting the shutter button makes

Kurto, have you sent this shot to the AHS photo comp? You should.

have you found out the sex yet? it looks awesome btw.

attachment.php
attachment.php

ralphy is the first pic only 8 months, harlow is the second and coming up to 1 yr

Here are the ones I keep (I´m also from Portugal, and a good friend of Velliki, that posted above):

And just to give you an ideia of how I keep them, some random pics of the a few of the terrariums
2010062400123.jpg

201006240012.jpg

201006240018.jpg

2010062400121.jpg

That´s all folks !

Some amazing colour variations on this thread, congrats to everyone that has posted pics...some truly beautiful looking animals.

Hi JoMo, just curious with your setup as pictured above....do you use real plants in your terrariums? If so, what type of plants do you use that are safe, and do you find with the high humidity that the plants create a lot of algae (slime) within the terrariums, not to mention a lot more maintenance created in keeping them all clean?

Some awesome looking gtp's you have there too :)

hey Igotje, yeh i got them both from greg, great lil snakes, did you get a gtp off him?

Hi guyz, Here in europe GTP's are really famous. But mainly we have rom Papua New Guinea locality (Aru, Sorong, Biak, Jayapura, Wamena, Manokwari, Lereh, Cyclops...etc)
And of course non from australia due to the laws....

So i would like to creat an article on my french forum about aussie GTP's to see the difference with the one we usually keep, and share the beauty of aussies. SO thoose who agree with that an who have pictures plz sent me by MP or allow me to take them from the forum....

Thanks beerguyz

Some amazing colour variations on this thread, congrats to everyone that has posted pics...some truly beautiful looking animals.

Hi JoMo, just curious with your setup as pictured above....do you use real plants in your terrariums? If so, what type of plants do you use that are safe, and do you find with the high humidity that the plants create a lot of algae (slime) within the terrariums, not to mention a lot more maintenance created in keeping them all clean?

Some awesome looking gtp's you have there too :)

Hi Wayne,

I only use natural plants. I don´t know the English words of most of them, so I´ll use the latin ones:
-chamaedorea elegans (the little palms, pictured on the left);
- scindapsum (pothos);
- ficcus repens (the ivy you seen on the ground);
- schefflera (on the right side of the bigger terrarium).

The plants are watered and misted once a week (Saturday, usually) and I also mist on Wed. So, the humidity is never high; it´s stable around 60-65%, obsviously increasing when I mist. I have never noticed any slime in the terrariums

As regards maintenance, it´s very easy: I mist/water as above mentioned and trimm the plants when needed and I spot clean (with a spoon) whenever the animals defecate - if I´m fast enough seeing the "poop" before the springtails and the other little bugs that populate the substract "process it".

And tks !

Hi Wayne,

I only use natural plants. I don´t know the English words of most of them, so I´ll use the latin ones:
-chamaedorea elegans (the little palms, pictured on the left);
- scindapsum (pothos);
- ficcus repens (the ivy you seen on the ground);
- schefflera (on the right side of the bigger terrarium).

The plants are watered and misted once a week (Saturday, usually) and I also mist on Wed. So, the humidity is never high; it´s stable around 60-65%, obsviously increasing when I mist. I have never noticed any slime in the terrariums

As regards maintenance, it´s very easy: I mist/water as above mentioned and trimm the plants when needed and I spot clean (with a spoon) whenever the animals defecate - if I´m fast enough seeing the "poop" before the springtails and the other little bugs that populate the substract "process it".

And tks !

Thanks for all the info JoMo, really appreciate it.

I only have plastics in my terrarium, but have noted the plants you use, and with a bit more research on the english versions, I'll look into a nursery some time soon to switch them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back