Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're dirt cheap in America! If they're native, can we import them from the US? That'd be sweet. I love those red juvies.

Seeing as nobody knows who I am or where I live (apart from suburb) how can somene come and steal my herps?

its actually quite easy, all they need to do if offer you a herp for sale and then get your licence details. And no, we cant import any herps, not even natives

I don't like some of the morphs. Like the high black ones, and the really speckly ones (Calico I think).

Is there any difference in the adults that grow out of red or yellow juvies?

Which colour grows out of a red juvie and which grows out of a yellow juvie is what I meant?

Colin, that first one is beautiful. There was a bloke selling a little red baby on an American forum the other day for $200 plus freight LOL.

geez boa at that price I'll take 50 thanks :lol: anyday :D

Yeah overseas they are so common they can fetch less than many other pythons. They aren't hard to breed and breed in good numbers, a couple more years and they will be very affordable here, I already know people who have bought feeders for under $5000.

its not something people want to advertise having, my friend owns a few and he keeps his at the police station were he works sort of like a cop shop mascot...

And there under lock and key so you try and steal them he WILL shoot you lol

Thanks for the comments and all the pms.

these are animals I bred last season.
Im hoping to do the same this year,
Cheers
Adam

and if any one can put me on to a breeder that is selling feeding GTP hatchys for $5000 or under let me know as i am looking to get some this season and if i can save over $2000 on 2 ill buy from them as the best price i have found is around $6000 +..........so any help would be great....cheers.

Does anyone truly know the difference between the New Guinean GTP's (which apparently predominate the market in Australia) and the genuine Australian GTP's?

Any pics to show the difference between the 2 forms?

Why are there so many pictures of communally housed GTPs and nobody kicks up a stink? Uusually on APS snakes together are frowned upon. And still looking for the answer whats the colour difference as adults between red and yellow juvies?

And still looking for the answer whats the colour difference as adults between red and yellow juvies?

From what I understand none. The red ones are supposed to indicate that their is some PNG (or elsewhere) bloodlines in that strain as pure Australian GTP's only have yellow hatchies and no red ones. GTP's from places other than Australia (or maybe with mixed O/S & Australian bloodlines) have yellow, red and other varying shades of hatchies.

The only difference between say a red hatchie and a pure Australian line GTP yellow hatchie, as adults would be varying white patterns along the spine and other locality colouration traits. The Greg Maxwell books explain it better than I can. Or try Greg's website http://www.finegtps.com/Biography.htm

Double posting - please delete

Last edited:
MY uncle said he would buy me two as long as he got his money back from the first lot of babies........ (Spend money to make money)

He has been living in England for the last 6 months .... Apparently in England you can buy them for about $70 Australian dollars.....

Why doesnt someone with the right license import a whole heap ???

I think your uncle may have his wires crossed, in the UK they go for about £200-250 and up to $375 for really good ones, that is about $500-900.
There is no right license, believe me if there was it would have been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back