Show Us Your Inverts!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
May not really belong in this forum BUT as the title says!! If it doesn't have a spine, I wanna see it! And its setup!

Cheers, Phil:p

i keep velvet worms, giant burrowing roaches, scorpions, spiders, over 100 all up, will try and get you a pic of the setup

That'd be amazing if you could give me any pics! Velvet worms are so cool I didn't know they were keepable. Where from/how much?

Anyone else - post pics please! I know you're all out there.

velvets worms are very difficult to keep, only know of 1 person to ever have real sucess with them. As far as i know no1 sells them

Why are they so difficult? Where did you get yours from? How do you keep them?

any mould will kill them, need to be kept cool(15-20c) I got mine from someone who found them. I keep mine on coco peat, slightly moist, clean after every feeding and wash and dry the bark pieces

Champion. They have such a fascinating way of killing their prey. Would love to do business with you sometime hornet, if I come into any money sooner or later and you are willing to sell me things hahaha

cool, is it possible to watch them at all or do they just hide all the time?

Amazing critters. Is that sphagnum moss in there? They look like they'd feel so weird... Thanks for the pics and I welcome anymore hahaha

What's your attraction to them Hornet? I'm not scared of bugs or anything (except roaches... yuck) but i really don't see any kind of attration to them personally. Spiders yes... maybe big insects but not those wormy looking things lol.

What about them does it for you?

What's your attraction to them Hornet? I'm not scared of bugs or anything (except roaches... yuck) but i really don't see any kind of attration to them personally. Spiders yes... maybe big insects but not those wormy looking things lol.

What about them does it for you?

I obviously can't answer that but just think it's funny how thats exactly what people ask me about snakes "why not like puppies or something?"

Great to see how different people see things in different ways!

they are just so fascinating, i'm more into the smaller species, i'd take a 5cm stick insect over a 30cm species, just fond them so much more desirable because they are different to what others keep

i have 2 centipedes
i tarantula
2 bark mantids
and thats all for now but there will be plenty more to come
i will try to get some pics tonight

I hope this works...

gazzamazzasTs028.jpg

phlogius sp papuanus

gazzamazzasTs042-1.jpg

selenotypus sp nebo

gazzamazzasTs023-1.jpg

phlogius sp sarina (male)