Show Us Your Inverts!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt look like glenelva to me. What are you keeping her on?

a 65-35 mix of red sand and peat moss. im giving it a try after i saw steve nunn try it out with arid-type T's

btw hornet, please check out my thread at the ATA forum and please give your opinion on her ID :)

where you getting them phil, any chance you can get me a few?
Sorry, mate! Girl I got them from has packed them up and sent them.. Chances are I'll have more than I can house easily so if I have some extras I'll shoot you a PM!!

make sure the substrate still has moisture. Apart from not looking like a glenelva i have no idea sorry

Here is a pic of my green(?) lacewing.

Attachments

• lacewing.jpg
    lacewing.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 78
  • lacewing2.jpg
    lacewing2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 60
cris, what the hell is that?? sorry to show my stupidity!! it looks evil! haha

Im fairly sure its a green lacewing, definately a lacewing of some sort. Similar to ant lions if you know what they are. They are only about 4-5mm long at this stage and turn into a green flying thing later.

They carry stuff they kill and other random stuff on their backs.

I've got two Eunice T's but no photos - haven't actually seen them since I bought them 4 months ago as they burrowed straight down into the substrate. One came out last week but walled itself (and the water dish) up in a web cocoon. Not too easy to refil its water up.

Having some problems feeding them though. The woodies go straight to ground and burrow in the substrate and don't come out again. They've knocked over a couple of crickets so should be ok. I'm hoping its the winter inactivity thats slowed them down.

Do the giant cockroaches breed as easily as the woodies do?

I've got two Eunice T's but no photos - haven't actually seen them since I bought them 4 months ago as they burrowed straight down into the substrate. One came out last week but walled itself (and the water dish) up in a web cocoon. Not too easy to refil its water up.
Having some problems feeding them though. The woodies go straight to ground and burrow in the substrate and don't come out again. They've knocked over a couple of crickets so should be ok. I'm hoping its the winter inactivity thats slowed them down.

Yea they will slow down over winter. Once it heats up they will start eating again. A pair of my stents bird eaters moulted yesterday so pretty happy about that.

This is a great thread :)

If only I had some pics of the mantids I have kept over the last couple of years :(

Also it is good to see some budding entomologists around! I just studied entomology at uni last semester. Best elective yet!

Yeah i want some mantids as well :)
and some more stick insects ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back