Show Us Your Inverts!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
awsome, what species you keep? All up i have over 10 species and 70+ t's

not that i have any as iverts as pets but refering to philk's comments about how people see things in different ways i was showing my girlfirend (who hates snakes) the pics of the bright yellow and red gtp in the "photo comp" thread and she had to leave the room while i was saying "isnt that cute?"

also i love those velvet worms hornet. what do they actually eat as such?

dont know if i coudl ever do spiders tho? they are ok as long as they are not near me!! lol

the velvet worms eat roaches but will eat most insects

I have a underscribed T from proserpine
phlogius sp vulpina
phlogius sp crassipes
phlogius sp eunice
phlogius sp sarina
phlogius sp stents birdspider
phlogius sp papuanus
selenotypus sp nebo
selenotypus sp.3
selenotypus sp.10

i have them + stirlingi, glenelva, sp5, eunice x sarina and i think thats it

how big do the velvet worms get? are the ones in those pics fully grown? if so the insects and roaches they eat must be fairly small....

yea the one i'm holding is fully grown, they can tackle large prey, they hunt in packs and a few will take them same prey item

thats crazy....how fast can they move?

they move quite slow, they take the prey down by spraying "glue" on them, which hardens instantly then they eat the prey alive

a mate of mine, wont name names, not sure if it was an accidental breeding or just and experiment

got 4, about 2yrs old, still small but am feeding up now

every one reckons i am the wierdest person because of my likes/dislikes. i am 17 yo girl and i LOVE every little bug and critter, especially snakes, when i was younger i wanted to become an entemologist (studies insects and bugs etc etc) when people reckon i should of been into dolls and makeup lol. even now i only wear makeup for special special events, and only very light. i love all arachnids, insects, bugs, reptiles and amphibians, everything basically. people ask me why the hell i love the things they hate, and i just cant explain it! i really dont understand thier fear of things, it doesnt make sence at all. like a stick insect (basically wouldnt hurt a fly!), they scream and run around i laugh at them and they dont even know why they are scared. anyways sorry for the long post, but i am VERY passionate of all critters :) i dont think there is anything that i hate or even dislike! (yes even sharkies :p)
regards,

Nat ;) (p.s i want some spiders!)

Great to see others with intense loves for things. Be a vet or a wildlife researcher or something? Cool Ts! I must have velvet worms!!! Hunting in PACKS?! AWESOME!! Hahah but yeah.. they sound a little hard to look after.

I bought my T a few years back and it cost ssoooo much because I bought it from a petshop... How much should you pay for a T?

Here's my praying mantis Hierodula spec. from Asia.

Hierodula.jpg

Young Vitalius cristatus

Vitalius.jpg

and Brachypelma smithi

Brachypelma.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back